Suggest a motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
Hi,

Im in the process for finalising my pc configuration, the only hiccup at this stage is the motherboard. I can't seem to find a suitable one that will go with either of the following processors.

New Ones
  • C2D E6750 2.66 GHz @ 1333MHz FSB
  • C2D E6850 3.00 GHz @ 1333MHz FSB
Old Ones
  • C2D E6600 2.40 GHz @ 1066MHz FSB
  • C2D E6700 2.66 GHz @ 1066MHz FSB
-> For the last two options ( E6600 & E6700 ) I had finalised the Intel 965RYCK motherboard. Is this motherboard good. Im not into gaming, so I will be using the onboard graphics only. I intend using Vista, so would it suffice?

-> What is the difference between the Intel DG965RYCK & Intel DG965WHMKR ? Prices are 5.2K and 7.2K respectively.

For the other two options ( E6750 & E6850 ) please suggest suitable motherboards keeping in mind decent onboard graphics & 1333MHz FSB.

Something around Rs 5-7k would be apt. Best quality at the lowest price :-D

Thanks for al the guidance.

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
May be u missed the Sticky, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63874

anyway for ur question, compare the RY and WH model here, *compare.intel.com/pcc/showchart.aspx?mmID=22639,22637&familyID=12&culture=en-US

as for the question of Mobo, with 1333 MHz support hard to suggest one good board with onboard right now...

as if u are buying a high end procy of C2D, those are waste of Money if u dont oc :D

So, in Intel Section, G33 based boards may come under ur budget, *compare.intel.com/pcc/showchart.aspx?mmID=29051,30273,29052&familyID=12&culture=en-US

But if its possible then i would suggest look in to my advice of, P5N-E SLI which is Rs. 7k + TAX or XFX 650i Ultra which is Rs. 5k + TAX comes with out a GRFX card, but u can allways ad one 7100 / 7300 (Little Costly) of or such nvidia PCIe Cards which is Rs. 2k incl TAX Max with 128mb ram, will be better than Intel X3100 or X3000 :) at this point...

Later can go for better card :)

but for 1066 MHz procy kick out the RY and consider P5B-V / VM of ASUS Rs. 7.5k and Rs. 7k respectivelly with Onboard or consider XFX 650i Ultra with 7100 :)

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Thanks for the advice. I didn't miss your sticky :). I did see it and thats where I read about the XFX motherboards.

Regarding the Intel RY & WH motherboards I did see the comparison, but the reason I asked was for any hidden benefits.As per the comparison, I only require the features of RY motherboard.The WH has it in excess :D.

These Asus websites are really confusing to read. I can't easily compare the features ! Edit : Now I figured out .Lol

I dont wish to spend on a seperate graphics card, so I want a motherboard with decent onboard only.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
godsownman said:
I dont wish to spend on a seperate graphics card, so I want a motherboard with decent onboard only.

Thanks anyway.

I have already given u the option as see if u are going with 1333 FSB based processors then consider the G33 based board other wise no other Intel board has support to 1333 FSB with ur budget :)

Or the second option isnt bad either with Budget of Rs. 7k for Mobo one can buy XFX 650i Ultra with 7100 based card total at 7k which will suppose FSB 1333 based processors

:)

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Thanks,

I found some in asus that use the same Intel G33 chipset .Can you please rate them.
  • PSK-V
  • PSK-VM
Thanks once again.

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Both are quite good and will satisfy ur needs, but problem is, none of them is now available in Indian Market and neither of them will fit in to ur budget of under 7k I suppose :(

Just V is one ATX board and VM is one uATX board... so better expandibility with V where as compactibility with VM :)

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Oops ! I think I checked their prices using Google and I did notice that they are around 7K. Little here and there is alright.

But, regarding their availability I will have to find out something !

Hows the XFX 680i Ultra ...... Whats the price range , does it have it onboard ?

And, XFX 650i doesn't have anything onboard ?? So I got to compulsorily put ! But anyway when its worth 5k I mightas well take it uptil 7 K with a card.

Let me knw abt 680i, please.

Thanks again.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I have already writen, None of the Nvidia chipset for LGA 775 procys has On board, so XFX 680i will cost u around 11k without any Onboard, and I think i have mentied that on the sticky thread ???

So, with 7k budget, if no G33 based board in India within that budget I suppose XFX 650i is the only one option for u ??

I checked their prices using Google and I did notice that they are around 7K

Allas, thats the tragedy :( all those are USA price, where as then that hardware comes to india, some how its priced a lot more mentioned in US market rates :(

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
ok, Sorry I may have missed out those lines about the Nvidia chipsets. Which motherboard are you using ?

Its sick seriously that in India we have to pay much more than the US counterparts.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well On Intel platform I have or have used, XFX 650i Ultra / P5N-E SLi / P5B-V / Intel 965 WH / Intel 965 RY / Intel 946 ...

The E6600 which u are talking about is running on P5N-E SLi :)

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Do you have a computer business or something ? How can you possibly use so many motherboards.

Check your PM box, I've suggested something.

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

We have a chain of Cyber Cafe :) and as me and my local frnds are computer enthusiast allways try around things, offcourse those which are afordable to US...

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Just for curiosity sake. Do you think its worth I move to the 1333Mhz FSB ? The only negative thing of not moving is that I get saddled with a 1066 MHZ board while the world slowly moves to 1333MHZ.

thanks

Pathik

Google Bot
If u r taking a new pc then be as futureproof as possible.. so get a g33 based board or a xfx 650i ultra..

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
pathiks said:
If u r taking a new pc then be as futureproof as possible.. so get a g33 based board or a xfx 650i ultra..
Yes, thats exactly what Im planning to do :), but the timing is wrong, I need a new pc soon, but the market is too new to the 1333Mhz FSB products and so Im running out of choice.:(

But, I know, I will get a solution, someday :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom