Suggest A Mother Board and Processor

OP
prateek007391

prateek007391

In the zone
Seems I must try OCing. But do they give warranty to the Processor if something goes wrong.

I am completely New here.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ not all. most Phenom II X4 (or Phenom II X2 also) HSF have noise problem. & some can't even keep the temperature under control. but Cilus used to run his processor at 500Mhz+ over stockspeed using just the bundled HSF. totally a luck thing.

Its not like that. I think you are basically refering the incident with Pulser_Swift. There may be a lot of heating issues due to the improper use of the cooling paste or improper install of the heatsink which is completely users' fault.
Now I am using the Phenom II X6 1090T and it runs just fine @ 3.6 GHz without any problem. In the Asus Power User meetup, we have met a professional overclocker named Anant, who informed us the Thuban can be oced upto 4 GHz with stock cooler.
After that I've tried it in home and he is right. If possible I will post some benchmark and temp ratings.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even I was impressed with the HSF of Athlon II X4 640. One of the best stock HSF I have ever seen.

Top Bottom