Suggest a mid tower E-atx cabinet

debarshi

Otaku
Hello,

Can anyone here suggest me a good (mid-tower preferable) e-ATX compatible cabinet. Its for am bro, he's building a PC with ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard..............
Frankly confused about my options with this...
Keep the budget within 8k

I was looking at the Cm Stryker, but its way out of budget..... 13k

Last edited:
OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Anything from the Corsair or CM or Bitfenix?
Can you tell me the models appropiate for e-atx without a budget...... The best ones???

And can you tell me if the Stryker supports e-atx?? The site says it suports XL-atx....................
What are my other options?

When will the Phantom 820 be released in India???

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
No cm, corsair or bitfenix cabby officially supports e-atx format at this price range. See if you can get a 650d or the haf xm.

Without budget the list goes
cosmos 2
raven 3
fortress 2
800d
lian li pc76x or pc75x
switch 810
pc 80n
and the list goes on
But don't worry, you can fit an eatx board even in a 500r. All you need is a cabinet with adequate depth.
And yes the stryker can fit eatx mobo.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
So are you sure Stryker will be compatible with e-atx? And without any modding????? W/o any problems???

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
820 will be priced over Rs 12000 for sure.

And at Rs 8000 the best cabinet in terms of cooling and features would be the Nzxt Phantom. Corsairs in that range have very good products like the C70/650D/600TM have great build but under par cooling when compared to the Phantom.The next obvious choices are the Antec 1100 and CM HAF 922 . A case with side Intake fans will always keep your internals cooler by up to 4°C.

So are you sure Stryker will be compatible with e-atx? And without any modding????? W/o any problems???

Any Mid tower will take in an E-ATX and if they are specified that they can accommodate an XL - ATX then the smaller E-ATX will definitely fit in, a no brainer I would say.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Yup it will.
If you want a nice cabby other than the phantom at 8k, it should be p280/1100 or the 650d.
Have you given the raven 3 a thought.
And if you can, i will definetly suggest the stryker or trooper.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Any Mid tower will take in an E-ATX and if they are specified that they can accommodate an XL - ATX then the smaller E-ATX will definitely fit in, a no brainer I would say.

Is e-atx generally smaller than xl-atx?

According to wikipedia Extended ATX (EATX) (305×330 mm) and XL ATX is (325.12 x 243.84 mm)

So by length XL ATX is larger but by width E-atx is larger............... So the width can be a problem.................

Thats why I am concerned... It isnt like I can return the cabinet if it doesnt fit, and 12k is not a small amt.

So when will the Phantom 820 be released to markets like MD computers....... and any other suggestion??? Within 10k, if you are saying I wont get any at 8k.

And b/w P 820 and CM Stryker and HAF X, which one is better????

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Man i think you should not run for 820 coz it will cost you minimum 15k.
And yes eatx is wider and xlatx is longer. And most of the cabinets will take a eatx mobo easily.
The p280, haf x, stryker all are different cases. My vote goes for the stryker.
For 10k you can also check haf xm.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
HAF XM is good unde 10k, The Original Phantom is also good............. I am getting Stryker for 12k, cause I have no choice, under 8k there simply is no good case except Phantom...... If I have to shell out that much, wouldnt it be bettr to shell out an xtra 3k for the NZXT Flagship P820............ From what I am seeing in reviews, NZXT has left nothing untouched and to be desired in that case......... If its 14 k or under, considering the market, its a definite buy

What about anything form Bitfenix, I pretty much like the Bitfenix Colossus Red Window Edition, its a good case too

So it stands like this
1. CM HAF XM (Its a pretty old case) 10k
2. Phantom 8k
3. Bitfenix Colossus Red Window Edition 11k
4. Stryker 12k
5. P820

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
What hafxm old case? :p. It was just released before 3-4 months.
If you are really into getting the 820, why not get the 800d. No comparison.
Search a little and you might get the stryker/trooper for less than 12k.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If you are talking about MID-TOWER chassis, I should say that sadly, there is no mid-tower chassis which can accommodate e-atx board.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Stick with the Phantom or the Antec 1100 or if you have a cool environment the Corsairs are great too. And If you can extend to Rs 11500 yes that Stryker is great but will you actually need it? If yes then get it.

Last edited:
OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
If you are talking about MID-TOWER chassis, I should say that sadly, there is no mid-tower chassis which can accommodate e-atx board.

Except Haf-XM ;)

why E atx?
what motherboard will you be using?

As mentioned above, ASUS Maximus V Formula

Stick with the Phantom or the Antec 1100 or if you have a cool environment the Corsairs are great too. And If you can extend to Rs 11500 yes that Stryker is great but will you actually need it? If yes then get it.

In summers temp go upto 52C, so not cool at all............ :( What exactly do you mean by " will you actually need it? " Are you talking about the case being overpriced or some features which i wouldn't or cant utilize..................... And yes, Phantom is my best option now...... I really liked the dial for multicolor LED in P820 :( :'(

What hafxm old case? :p. It was just released before 3-4 months.

I am sorry, it was HAF X I was talking about.............

Why nobody said anything about Bitfenix Colossus........... I wonder

And 800D is priced 21k in Flipkart(out of Stock) :shock: 18k in md computers

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Yes you are right I was indeed talking about all the features which some of us need and some of us dont. If you require them its a great cabby, no two ways about it.

Mate give the Colossus a miss. Good to look at,Good build (soft feel etc etc) but bad bad cooling.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Yes you are right I was indeed talking about all the features which some of us need and some of us dont. If you require them its a great cabby, no two ways about it.

Mate give the Colossus a miss. Good to look at,Good build (soft feel etc etc) but bad bad cooling.

Thanks for the heads up on the Colossus..

And just tell me in brief which features you are talking about. I can then decide the VFM part........ It all looks so flashy in the specs and reviews,........confused :p
I am definitely not water cooling now, but as one said, PSU and Cabinet are the only future-proof parts.............

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
First tell us the final budget.
please don't worry any cabby having enough depth will accomodate eatx and no two cases are same.
P280-silent gaming.
Phantom-vfm cabby.
Stryker/trooper-almost perfect cabby.
650d-classy gamer.
800d-great cabby
now if i were at your place, i would have gone for the phantom or the stryker and save the bucks.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you are not water cooling, if you are not buying XL- ATx boards,if you are not going Tri Sli, If you are not putting in 7 Hdds etc etc. But even then you know how impulsive we are.....its still a great cabinet even if you dont need them.....but hey the Phantom does all of it at Rs 8000...except the xl-atx board and hot swapable ssd slot! So be wise and dont overspend.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Thanks for the excellent advice.......... :yeahright:

Its decided then, I will be going for the NZXT Phantom, and all NZXT cabinets are coming with one USB 3.0 port, so that should not be a problem too.......
Would have gone for the Stryker if it was below 10k but no need to spend that much on a cabinet....... I would rather save here and go for a modular PSU ;)

Top Bottom