Suggest a laptop :)

Ravi.

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Approx. Rs. 38000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: No
b. Dislike: Dell, Acer

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Movies,Music,Net surfing, MS Office, little bit gaming

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Not sure

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Good built quality and a laptop with original windows

I have selected two models 1- Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (59-333648) (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/1GB Graph)
2- Samsung NP355V5C-S03IN Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 750GB/ Win7 HP/1GB Graph)

Which will be best for my requirements? Kindly suggest any other models if they are better than aforementioned models. I am gonna buy soon.

Regards

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
It's hard to believe that you have listed Dell in your dislike category...Dell laptops are said to be amongst the best laptops and they have a huge market share and the same stands true for Acer as well...
If i exclude these two brands, then Toshiba, Sony are the only options left for you..

deoxy

Broken In
you can buy samsung amd one from flipkart for 35k
no need to spend 7k more on lenovo as your tasks can be performed well by amd

OP
R

Ravi.

Broken In
Thanks for suggestions guys. I dont want Dell because twice my experience has been poor with dell. How is Amd quadcore A8 compared to core i3 3rd generation?? Is it better than I3 3rd?

Regards

OP
R

Ravi.

Broken In
So Samsung one seems best option but it is OOS on flipkart. Btw if I buy a windows 7 based laptop and upgrade it to win8 then can I keep both the os?

Regards

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
So Samsung one seems best option but it is OOS on flipkart. Btw if I buy a windows 7 based laptop and upgrade it to win8 then can I keep both the os?

Regards

don't think so. you can only upgrade as the OS is downloaded through some Microsoft client. And hence won't end up with an *.iso file. but you but can always roll back to your last OS. And trust me, W8 is really confusing. don't go for Windows 8 unless you have tried it yourself once.

OP
R

Ravi.

Broken In
don't think so. you can only upgrade as the OS is downloaded through some Microsoft client. And hence won't end up with an *.iso file. but you but can always roll back to your last OS. And trust me, W8 is really confusing. don't go for Windows 8 unless you have tried it yourself once.

Thanks for the info but if I update to windows 8 and later it gets corrupted then how will I reinstall Windows 8?

Top Bottom