Suggest a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
..If gaming is utmost priority and u r settled at a place , take a desktop..its always better than laptop...and in 80k that will be a HELL lot of config for a PC

OP
A

Aamir_x64

Broken In
Yes bro u are right. But its for my friend and he is stuck with laptop, he can get a powerhouse pc for this amount.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, agreed but the XPS series has 8xxx series of gpu whereas the HP's DV series has 9xxx series of gpu so it will make a lot of difference (coz he is specifically) interested in gaming.. tat too on a lappy.. :)

but there is also one thig to be noted, tat XPS series are really stylish and afaik none lappys can beat this style.. :p

Last edited:

evewin89

In the zone
ashu888ashu888 is right coz i m also using Dell for the past 2 months & till nw i hav not found ny laptop that can beat dell in style. i think only sony vaio can beat dell in style wise but u hav to pay more amount of money 2 buy a sony vaio laptop.with same cofiguration u can get a different brand laptop in less price than sony vaio.:rolleyes:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Vaio is teh worst brand for lappies.

You see, they charge for brand name. You need to pay 20k more for the Vaio logo while u can get the same config from any other brand in 20k less!! The only benifit of buying a Vaio is to impress the girl next door (that is, if she is not a g33k!!).

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Vaio is not just about price. They make the laptop extremely thin and to keep it strong, they use Carbon Fibre body. On top of that, the h/w is pretty powerful. Yes. you won't find Vaio inside 50k. But that is how Sony is. They don't attract masses :)

OP
A

Aamir_x64

Broken In
I agree bro's. But he stuck with hp. I now found a hp hdx 18t premium. But the dealers say its not available in india. Can u help me.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
HP also released a 16" DX laptop DX16t. already hailed by many as superb performer, thanks to centrino2 and 9600M GT.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
ashu888ashu888 is right coz i m also using Dell for the past 2 months & till nw i hav not found ny laptop that can beat dell in style. i think only sony vaio can beat dell in style wise but u hav to pay more amount of money 2 buy a sony vaio laptop.with same cofiguration u can get a different brand laptop in less price than sony vaio.:rolleyes:
yup, no doubt in DELL's style :D
btw, wich DELL lappy u hv buddy ?
I hv been planning to buy a DELL lappy but the thing is these dell ppl jus DONT wanna upgrade the gpu from the 8xxx series to the latest 9xxx series.. tats y im waiting and waiting..and.. (to say the least)..waiting :( i thought tat by Diwali, dell wud add the 9xxx series of gpu in their XPS series.. but alas !! worst still, i think the studio series of DELL has got ATi gpus.. :mad: and i jus wanna go with nVIDIA... lets see...

Vaio is teh worst brand for lappies.

You see, they charge for brand name. You need to pay 20k more for the Vaio logo while u can get the same config from any other brand in 20k less!! The only benifit of buying a Vaio is to impress the girl next door (that is, if she is not a g33k!!).
baap re! wat a bold statement :D alas, the chicks too live far away from my doorsteps.. :D

^^ Vaio is not just about price. They make the laptop extremely thin and to keep it strong, they use Carbon Fibre body. On top of that, the h/w is pretty powerful. Yes. you won't find Vaio inside 50k. But that is how Sony is. They don't attract masses :)
yup, valid point added buddy..the vaio range are really sturdy, but do they really provide carbon fibre body ?? (well didnt knw tht) only this that the vaio bodies were high on glossy finishes..and only HP started to provide carbon fibre body..

I agree bro's. But he stuck with hp. I now found a hp hdx 18t premium. But the dealers say its not available in india. Can u help me.
well, i think u shud be goin with DELL, believe me, plus u can configure the lappy to ur own tastes and it will be a bomb but it still wont beat the PC config for gamin in 80K budget.. :)
-----------------------

Cheers n e-peace...

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

yeas.. some vaios do provide carbon fibre..and something special abt their screens too..dunno what

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

i see...hope sum1 answers me abt the so called "sumthing special abt the vaio screens"

but afaik, it wont be a tech farther from the wga or xwga (or sumthing simiral to this) wich is also provided by the DELL lappys...

evewin89

In the zone
Originally Posted by ashu888ashu888.
yup, no doubt in DELL's style
btw, wich DELL lappy u hv buddy ?
I hv been planning to buy a DELL lappy but the thing is these dell ppl jus DONT wanna upgrade the gpu from the 8xxx series to the latest 9xxx series.. tats y im waiting and waiting..and.. (to say the least)..waiting i thought tat by Diwali, dell wud add the 9xxx series of gpu in their XPS series.. but alas !! worst still, i think the studio series of DELL has got ATi gpus.. and i jus wanna go with nVIDIA... lets see...

i m using dell 1525 series street model which does't hav nvidia GPU coz i purchased the laptop not for gaming purpose but for education purpose.:)

OP
A

Aamir_x64

Broken In
Ah the amd is **** to buy this time. He is stuck with hp becoz of service. U get me boyz. Hp hdx is robust one this time but i am not sure of its avlblty in india.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom