1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Suggest a laptop for my mom

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by moshel, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moshel

moshel New Member

well guys, i want to buy a laptop/netbook specifically for my mom, she doesnt know computers, but wants to learn now.

my budget is abt 25K.

im not sure if i should go for a netbook or a full blown laptop....please suggest.

simple windows functioning + office suite + internet (wifi+Lan port) is all that shes going to do.

also please suggest within each of these 2 options as im not too much updated about the laptop & netbook ranges..

do netbooks come without an optical drive?
    how would i be able to connect my desktop to this laptop? and will i be able to see files and transfer files like we have in our office networks?

2. acewin

acewin Point Blanc

acer 4736 or 4736Z- processor T4200 or T6400, DDR3 RAM weght around 2.5 Kg
    battery life around 3 hours or so IMO
    price sub 30K, around 25K(T4200 one) for one and 27K(T6400 one) for the another, do not remember the exact pricing.

go for netbook, if u wan high battery life almost 8 hours, but low config and processing power, lesser HDD lesser RAM

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.