suggest a graphic card for games in Rs4000

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
Hi, pls suggest me a gaming graphics card in budget of Rs 4000 for playing games.
Should be able to play games like Mafia II, crysis and so on.
Also let me know will my current PSU will work for the GPU ar will i have to buy a new one. I dont want to spend much. But if at all i have to buy, please suggest a ok decent PSU for the suggested GPU.

My system Spec:
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
CPU :Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
MB Model : Intel DG33FB
RAM : 3072 MB DDR2 Dual Channel
Power Supply : I am not sure which brand but its written on it :
P4-500W, 20+4PIN/SATA/ATX

Planing to buy from mumbai, Lamington road. (any suggestions which shop to go)

Thanks.
AH
--------------------------------------------------
CPU-Z Validator 3.1

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Your current PSU won't do, you'll need to change it. Go for FSP Saga II 400w. You can go with HD 5670 for the graphics card, they'll total to around 6k.
I have MSI's 5670, I can recommend it, but you can also consider Sapphire

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
EVEn saga ii 350W should suffice although i he might not need it. HD 5670 consumes very low power and people have managed to run cards such as 9600GT for years on local PSU's.

@Alive_Hunter
How old is the PSU? Also, is your system branded?

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
@Cybertonic

System is assembled, And PSU is 1.5 yrs old....
do u mean that HD5670 will not run on my current PSU ( P4-500W, 20+4PIN/SATA/ATX )
wht will be the min cost for the new PSU???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
it may but not safe to run. under load it may blow up. its your call. if you go for a new PSU, total cost will come near 6k or maybe more.

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
How abt HD4670? whts the market cost for HD4670? is HD4670 available in 512MB??
also wht wil lbe the market cost for HD5670 512MB??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
4670 (either 512Mb or 1Gb) will cost appx 3500. but this is the usual online pricing. don't know about local. instead look for HD5570 512Mb GDDR3. this will cost ~4k.

HD5670 512Mb cost around 4.3-4.5k. 1Gb version cost a few hundred more.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I'd say if op can afford then it's better to change psu. I never realised thay my old psu's sata power was faulty till I changed the psu.
My pc would stop booting at times, never figured the root cause. Then I changed the psu when I bought gfx card and the problem was gone

Piyush

Lanaya
MSI/Sapphire HD 5670 512mb gddr5 @ 4.3k + FSP saga 350W/400W/500W @ 1.5k/1.8k/2k

btw i calculated your power requirement
it came out to be 250W max(actually it was 234W)

i am assuming that you have 2 HDDs and 2 fans and nothing extra

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
MSI/Sapphire HD 5670 512mb gddr5 @ 4.3k + FSP saga 350W/400W/500W @ 1.5k/1.8k/2k

btw i calculated your power requirement
it came out to be 250W max(actually it was 234W)

i am assuming that you have 2 HDDs and 2 fans and nothing extra

thanks Piyush....
right...
my system has :
2 HDD : (1) 250Gb Sata
(2) 80Gb IDE
1 DVD ROM
1 Fan on the Cabinet
1 fan on the Processor (default)
3Gb Ram
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
MOBO: Intel DG33FB

Q:
1. Now can u tell me the exact Power requirnment of my system.
2. If i go for HD4670 / HD5670 wht PSU power will be required i n total?
3. which PSU to go for and rating?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. this. it isn't super accurate but will give you a really good idea about the max power requirement of your PC. also look for the power requirement, not the PSU recommended.

2. a quality 350W will do. FSP Saga II 350W is the cheapest you can get here.

3. depends on your budget for PSU.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
FSP Saga II 350 would be the cheapest option. You can go for it. I'd strongly recommend changing the PSU coz those unbranded 500w PSUs actually supply a maximum of 300 watt and that too isn't very stable. Plus there are no safety features in the PSU

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
Take nvidia cards i think nvidia is better than ati.i use nvidia zotac geforce 9400gt 1 gb gddr2.it works better and i have played crysis 2 smoothly .

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Take nvidia cards i think nvidia is better than ati.i use nvidia zotac geforce 9400gt 1 gb gddr2.it works better and i have played crysis 2 smoothly .

boy, 9400 instead of 5670! Would you please trust the popular opinion here and verify your fact before writing and misguiding people

Piyush

Lanaya

look bro I'm not going to flame you on your comment but at least before posting such things you should think on it first

may be you are right that you can play crysis 2 on your 9400gt
but it totally depends on various factors such as:
-->resolution
-->texture details/size
-->AA and AF settings
.... and many more

and it is not true that NVIDIA IS BETTER THAN AMD
Its a noobish myth

Top Bottom