Suggest a Best mobile phone below 15k to buy in upcoming big billion sale?

RageshAntony

In the zone
I decided to buy a mobile phone for me. I decided to use the big billion offer in flipkart

1. Budget?

2. Display type and size?
Above 5.5"

3. Dual sim?
Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Any with good after sales service

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Good camera with excellent picture quality and low light quality. front camera quality not much needed

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G volte

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Internet, photography, app development

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Asus Zenphone Max Pro m1 6gb available at 13k

10. Any other info that you want to share
My requirements are :

1.Good rear camera(front camera quality not much needed)
2.Good processor
3.atleast 4000mah battery with quick charge

Suggest one

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Since I was planning to upgrade my dad's Lenovo K3 Note in this big billion sale I was thinking to get the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. The 4 GB + 64 GB version would cost less than 10k after discounts. This seems to be a great deal. With the only issue of the absence of OIS, I think it's asking too much in sub 10k phone.
The only phone with decent camera than Zenfone in this budget is Redmi Pro which I don't want to get.

You might want to see this video for recommendations:

As per above list you can go for:
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (6/64) - ₹12,999 (With the HDFC Card offer, probably the cheapest 6GB RAM Smartphone)
Realme 2 Pro - ₹13,990
Nokia 6.1 Plus - ₹14,999 (Latest from Nokia with Snapdragon 636)
Motorola One Power - ₹15,999

Above prices are without the HDFC 10% discount.
Also in the above list Nokia 6.1 and Realme 2 Pro don't have good battery.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
Since I was planning to upgrade my dad's Lenovo K3 Note in this big billion sale I was thinking to get the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. The 4 GB + 64 GB version would cost less than 10k after discounts. This seems to be a great deal. With the only issue of the absence of OIS, I think it's asking too much in sub 10k phone.
The only phone with decent camera than Zenfone in this budget is Redmi Pro which I don't want to get.

You might want to see this video for recommendations:

As per above list you can go for:
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (6/64) - ₹12,999 (With the HDFC Card offer, probably the cheapest 6GB RAM Smartphone)
Realme 2 Pro - ₹13,990
Nokia 6.1 Plus - ₹14,999 (Latest from Nokia with Snapdragon 636)
Motorola One Power - ₹15,999

Above prices are without the HDFC 10% discount.
Also in the above list Nokia 6.1 and Realme 2 Pro don't have good battery.
What about Motorola One power? Is it better than redmi note 5 pro and zenfone?

ezio16

Journeyman
Realme 2 Pro has 3500 mah battery which would be decent with SD660 I believe. (No fast charging though)
Isn't it so ?

I'd suggest that you either pick Asus Zenfone Max 6GB or Moto One Power.

Asus is cheaper, notch-less & lighter(180g vs 205g) but has micro USB port (vs Type C) & no fast charging (bundled charger is 10W vs 15W of Moto). Considering the bad reputation of Moto regarding updates recently, don't expect the Android One device to be as quick as Nokia's android one devices in terms of updates, so I would say its not an advantage for Moto.

Although Redmi Note 5 Pro might still be the best camera phone under 15k, but its recent move to introduce ads in UI is enough for me to look elsewhere.

Don't even consider Realme Pro 2 unless gaming is your highest priority & other things don't matter, especially the UI (its unoptimized & will lag with age).

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
I'd suggest that you either pick Asus Zenfone Max 6GB or Moto One Power.

Asus is cheaper, notch-less & lighter(180g vs 205g) but has micro USB port (vs Type C) & no fast charging (bundled charger is 10W vs 15W of Moto). Considering the bad reputation of Moto regarding updates recently, don't expect the Android One device to be as quick as Nokia's android one devices in terms of updates, so I would say its not an advantage for Moto.

Although Redmi Note 5 Pro might still be the best camera phone under 15k, but its recent move to introduce ads in UI is enough for me to look elsewhere.

Don't even consider Realme Pro 2 unless gaming is your highest priority & other things don't matter, especially the UI (its unoptimized & will lag with age).
Excellent suggestion. Thanks for long reply

ezio16

Journeyman
Apart from ads in redmi note 5 pro, its gonna be available for 12999 in big billion day sale

ezio16

Journeyman

Hi bro,
I was hoping that Realme 2 Pro was worthy and nice option because of the specs and it's price. Are you asking to avoid it only because of UI, or is there any other problems with that device?
I'm just not aware. Hope to hear your thoughts.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi bro,
I was hoping that Realme 2 Pro was worthy and nice option because of the specs and it's price. Are you asking to avoid it only because of UI, or is there any other problems with that device?
I'm just not aware. Hope to hear your thoughts.
I recently received an Honor 10 and despite EMUI being optimized and whatnot, I couldn't use it. It is resting in the box.
ColorOS is much worse. Not only will Oppo shuffle settings, they disable some too like Battery Stats.

ezio16

Journeyman
I recently received an Honor 10 and despite EMUI being optimized and whatnot, I couldn't use it. It is resting in the box.
ColorOS is much worse. Not only will Oppo shuffle settings, they disable some too like Battery Stats.
okay thanks bro. Then, shouldn't go for Oppo and Vivo unless they come with stock which is not likely to happen.
But i was using Vivo V5 plus before my Poco F1 and didn't feel lags much. Though there were times I struggled to find some settings, it was okay to use. And my primary usage with Vivo was camera then.

Top Bottom