Suggest 1TB HDD for media player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
^Strange... Which format is it in? You can try grabbing the avatar's screenie at the point when he says WTF, but that will take a lot of patience.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
^^^haha...wait i will try to do something..But the essence of the pic goes if it is just a picture rather than that GIF.
Oh yes it is a GIF image.

Krow

Crowman
Strange, Other people do have GIF avatar's in TDF, I really am confused as to what is wrong here.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
Ok so as i have fixed to WD Green. But here is something i want to ask.

I really don't know much about what all to check before i put the HDD to its use. Please suggest what are the first things / checks etc i should do after i get the HDD ?

Please note that i do not have a computer to test (only a laptop) this HDD and it will mounted in a media player which will be accessed with either through a LAN cable or Wifi Connection (from the lappy)

Krow

Crowman
Errr.... LAN cable should do the trick IMO. Get whatever disk checking utility from WD's website. Then scan it for bad sectors and use any good HDD health monitoring utility from www.google.com (which has some decent reviews) and keep scanning once every month.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
^^ I forgot. USB cable connection is also an option. My Bad.
That should be ok as i will connect the media player to computer as normal USB HDD (offcourse with external power).

@Krow
I will do that for sure

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
SO finally i have got my WD Caviar green 1TB for around 4100 Rupees. But no media player yet so it is just lying in my drawer. I have registered the drive on WD website and it shows warranty till August 2012 possibly because the date of Manufacture on drive is 20 July 2009. I did not know and so expected the warranty to b 5 years but is only 3.

But one thing i noticed is that there is no jumper fixed in the drive. Is this expected. There are those 8 pins there. I am not sure so asking. The last drive i had bought was 5 years back and it was IDE and it had a small jumper to make the HDD in master or slave mode. I hope this is not a problem. :-?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom