Sugesstion for upgrading

eagle06

Los7 Cau53
I have the following PC config

i5 2500k @3.3 tx3 evo cooler | GA-P67A-UD3-B3 | Sparkle GTX560 Ti 1GB | CMX4GX3M1A1600C9 | Benq HD2222HDL | Seasonic 620 W Modular Power Supply with 80+ Bronze Certification | CM Elite 430 Black | Microtech 800 VA | VS4621 :-x |MX518 |500Gb x2 HDDs

I am not able to play new games like bf4,warface with medium high settings @1080p.

I am currently using 4GB ram corsair xms3 and when i try to add 4GB more(corsair value ram) the system crashes with blue screen..I think they are incompatible.

I am thing of upgrading ram to 8GB and buy a new graphic card (gtx960?). Does my power supply/Mobo support this?
Will my CPU will be bottleneck if i upgrade graphics card?

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Games like Witcher 3, bf4, Armored warfare and new games .Should be able to run @1080p medium to high settings

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:~15-20k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Currently win 8.1 x64

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:NA

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: NO

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I am planning as reusing all components except graphic card and ram if needed.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In few weeks, Can wait if new gen cards are upcoming.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad, will be buying online like flipkart/amazon.in as local prices are always higher.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: No

OP
eagle06

eagle06

Los7 Cau53
Thanks for the suggestions.
Is there any significant difference between 960 and 960 AMP Edition? Cant I just overclock the 960 with after burner when needed?

Also can you suggest corsair ram? (vengeance) Corsair RMA is very good. Never owned a kingston product before.Is RMA for kingston good?

DK_WD

WD Official
Thanks for the suggestions.
Is there any significant difference between 960 and 960 AMP Edition? Cant I just overclock the 960 with after burner when needed?

Also can you suggest corsair ram? (vengeance) Corsair RMA is very good. Never owned a kingston product before.Is RMA for kingston good?

Hi [MENTION=92855]eagle06[/MENTION],

Overall, I like your new selection for PC build. For your information, if you are looking for a gaming rig; you really need to add the new SSD for high performance and RAM 8GB (4x2) for speed.

After you add the new component in the system then you really need a higher wattage PSU. The minimum requirement for gaming rig PSU is 500 or 550W.

Hope it helps.

> Your PC crashed probly because the timings of the two rams didn't matched. You can wither get a new ram with same timing or get a new ram altogether.

> The CPU and PSU are both just fine for gaming. Like you said, all you need is a RAM and GPU upgrade.

> Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB x 2 and a Asus GTX960 will be fine. If 960 costs more than your budget, you can also get Sapphire R9 270X 2 GB.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
> Your PC crashed probly because the timings of the two rams didn't matched. You can wither get a new ram with same timing or get a new ram altogether.

> The CPU and PSU are both just fine for gaming. Like you said, all you need is a RAM and GPU upgrade.

> Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB x 2 and a Asus GTX960 will be fine. If 960 costs more than your budget, you can also get Sapphire R9 270X 2 GB.

or he could also wait for r9 380 , they mentioned it will go for 200$......

OP
eagle06

eagle06

Los7 Cau53
I am planning to get graphics card from US. So i am thinking on getting GTX970 4GB @310-350$
I think at present this is the best card for 1080p and can last 3-4 years.

Top Bottom