Student arrested for "suspected terrorist activity".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykora

I see right through you.
|SOURCE|

A Chinese student has been arrested in Texas, charged with “Suspected Terrorist Activity”. This student was apprehended after parents discovered that he had used plans of his High School in the creation of a map for an online first person shooter. The authorities were notified after parents learned of the map from their children, who had downloaded it off of the internet.

.They arrested him,. Chen said of FBISD police, .and also went to the house to search.. The Lin family consented to the search, and a hammer was found in the boy.s room, which he used to fix his bed, because it wasn't in good shape, Chen said. He indicated police seized the hammer as a potential weapon.

While no charges have been filed against the student, he has been removed from Clements High School and will not be allowed to graduate with his former classmates.

I don’t know what to say. For most of us who have ever designed a 3d environment, using familiar surroundings is very commonplace. With no sinister motive, designers use plans for all sorts of different areas to add variety to their designs. I don’t understand the punishment given to this student, who has been cleared of any premonitions for violence.

He has been convicted of no crime but then the school expels him? I guess “innocent until proven guilty” has no merit with the school board. Even with the authorities finding no evidence of gaming-related causes for the Virginia Tech shootings… It seems that we, as gamers, still are targeted as warped killers.

How many people who can design an fps map on their school, and have the guts to carry out a terrorist operation as such, would do it...with a hammer?

prasad_den

Padawan
The FBI must have considered that the poor student had all the right ingredients to be a "terrorist".. He was an Asian (after the Virginia shootings, it dorsn't matter where in Asia you are from), was a young student, was a gamer, had a hammer, etc... Its a pity that the punishment must be so severe when he is not guilty...
Probably, it is different nowadays ---- Guilty until proven innocent...!!

T

thunderbird.117

gauravakaasid said:
Ahh...americans and their distorted thinking

When india is having a threat of terrorist attacks. Then the american will say the same thing has what you are saying.

Atleast the USA is doing something to protect themselves. What is this country doing?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom