Stuck with FILEZILLA server/Client

devx

Back on TDF :)
Greetings.,

After so much of effort i finally managed to host my WordPress site on my local server successfully., and done customizing with themes & installing necessary plug-in., but it's of no use if i couldn't upload it to online server., there are lot of WordPress tutorials out in internet and it may be an easy job for others but i'm still confused what are the credentials to use in Filezilla client., not Filezilla server for FTP connection for my site (Example: *www.*****.wordpress.com).

So please help me guys and i really need an TUTORIAL to migrate my self-hosted WordPress to online site.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
You mean the hosting you bought..??

In that case, they would have mailed you the credentials for Filezilla Client.

Generally...
Host = Domain (www.yoursite.com)
Username = Username that you use to login to cpanel
Password = Password that you use to login to cpanel

You may also create FTP User bu login to your cpanel > ftp users. And use those credentials you set there to login from FTP Client.

OP
devx

devx

@ meetdilip >> I have read the whole WordPress directly but it's not too useful in-case of self-hosted server & i read almost dozens of tutorials but nothing helped me for FTP.

@ krishnandu.sarkar >> Brother., i have not purchased any domain neither any hosting., so it's www.mysite.wordpress.com (free & self-hosted) instead of www.mysite.com & WordPress is installed on my own self-hosted web server., so in that case which username & password to use to upload my WordPress from offline server (Server on my machine) to online server (INTERNET).

hotshot05

I luv Digit
You have not paid any money to Wordpress. right?

so there is no question of having FTP access to wordpress server. For the free users of Wordpress, you have to manage everything online and are restricted within the limited number of themes that they provide?

If you find some free host which gives mySQL access to their free users, only then will you be able to host your wordpress blog and upload everything via ftp.
You can try out Byethost for this.

OP
devx

devx

@ hotshot05 >> Hey man., user who are on free WordPress can't upload anything except doing everything online AND there is a choice users who can install WordPress.org software (Changes can be done so quick., easy & publish) have to establish there own web server to host the website offline from own self-hosted server and then to publish it online they can use FTP to upload.

I had a doubt that i really have to buy a domain or not., thanks man., I have searched more and got the conclusion that web server isn't enough to host www.mysite.wordpress.com., so i have to buy 1 domain (I'll buy free domain to test & later i'll buy my own domain).

I think this can be a conclusion for every other new user of WordPress who wants to do everything offline with ease and publish later on for FREE.

Top Bottom