Strontium Class 10 SD card fake?

Lebrontron

Right off the assembly line
I just got delivery of Strontium's class 10 SD card i ordered on infibeam. First thing i did after putting it in my phone was format it and transfer files from my pc to it. The write speed was an embarassing 4Mb/s (or 5 at max). Then i formatted it in my phone again and ran some sd speed test apps from the google play store. Got write speed of only 4Mb/s and read speed of 5Mb/s. I repeated the speed test once after rebooting my phone and got the same result.

Here is the link of the product's page: Strontium 32GB MicroSD (Class 10) Price in India, Buy Strontium 32GB MicroSD (Class 10), Reviews & Features, Strontium Mobile Accessories - Infibeam.com

Now my question is, did infibeam sell me a fake product? If yes then how should i go about it from here? Should i file a complaint in some complaint forum or ask for a refund or call their customer support? I'm so disappointed with this product and service. And this is also my first buy from infibeam.

Edit: I can only use this card on my 2 years old Samsung Galaxy i5801 (also called galaxy 3), so could that be the reason why I'm getting such low speeds?

Last edited:

Globetrot

Edit: I can only use this card on my 2 years old Samsung Galaxy i5801 (also called galaxy 3), so could that be the reason why I'm getting such low speeds?

Did the card come with an adaptor - so it can be used directly in laptops which have a SD card slot? that might be the way to get a true test of the speed, taking away any dependencies around the phone hardware.

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
Can you please update what the result now is after testing on laptop or any other device? I am planning to buy the same for my funbook.

OP
L

Lebrontron

Can you please update what the result now is after testing on laptop or any other device? I am planning to buy the same for my funbook.

The result is that its not a class 10 card and im not going to buy anything else from infibeam again ever.

Top Bottom