Stranglehold Game is not working !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
Hi friends,

I have nVidia 8400 GS(512mb Supportive Graphics Card). I have installed stranglehold from Decmber digit issue but I not able to play it:( . Why???? My system configurations are:-
Pro. :- Core 2 Duo 2.66
MB. :- Asus (I can't tell which model)
RAM :- 1GB, 667MHz(Kingston)
GPU :- nVidia 8400 GS (512mb)
Monitor :- Samsung SyncMaster Myst 732n (17" lcd).

I m not able to play CRYSIS even with full setting (textures, details, etc.) also. It play but like this :- stop-play-stop-play. Is this RAM problem ? Upgrade it to 2GB?
:confused:
Can I play Unreal Tournment 3 on my graphics card???:confused:
Can installing new driver of GPU solve the problem? If yes, from where can I get it?
Lot questions??? :) Plz Answer. Waiting....................
Thanx.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
First off what settings are you playing the game at? Is stranglehold atleast starting up or giving you any kind of error? BTW the card that you have can support low resolution gaming.Crysis will murder it leave alone playing it at full settings as thats a distant dream.Unreal Tournament 3 will work but again at low resolutions.Which graphic driver version are you using right now?

T

The Conqueror

Yes I completely agree with u, Allywyndlima
*thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=1351and yes, Crysis will kill your graphics card, and why u try to run graphics-intensive games on an entry - level card ?
My suggestion - get a good graphics card to play games such as unreal tournment 3 and crysis

OP
hayabusa_ryu

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
I don't know much about the GPU. The vendor told me that with this card you can play all the latest games and upcoming games titles so bought it. It costed me 4k bucks. I read in this forum today about nVidia 8600GT. What its price? Now I cannot change my GPU bcaz I just bought it two days before. Hope to upgrade in future.

I have driver provided by the nVidia 8400GS GPU at the time of purchase.

@allwyndlima And for the STRANGEHOLD, I have done nothing just installed from digit dvd and start playing. But my Monitor resolution is set to 1200*1024 @75Hz.

Plz donot disheart me by saying that I will not play the future games. MAKE SOME WAY. Or I will think that my money has been wasted bcaz of the vendor.

OP
hayabusa_ryu

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
First of all I donot know much about GPU. I m using GPU driver provided at the time of purchase fo nVidia 8400GS. The vendor told me that I will able to play all the present and upcoming games with this GPU. Cannot upgrade right now, just purchased yesterday. think about it in future.

I read in the DIGIT forum about nVidia 8600GT today. What its price now?
Plz make any way either using latest driver or by other means. I m totally

dishearted (bcaz of the vendor,I think that he didn't have 8600GT that time as I asked for latest Graphics Card upto range 0f 8500/. Plz suggest any way to utilize the maximum value of this card but not by overclocking it.

@allwyndlima I just installed it from DIGIT DVD and start playing. I have not done any customizations. It donot opens means that game try to start : a black window comes and goes and again comes and goes and then in Task Manager it says the NOT RESPONDING. But I have monitor resolution of 1200*1024 at 75Hz.
What can be problem? Even if mine is entry level graphics then game(srangehold) should run at very bad details but the game start menu never comes.

OP
hayabusa_ryu

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
@ROMEO Thanx for the support. This is the solution for the Stranglehold. But the solution for other games like CRYSIS, etc. what about installing latest drivers for GPU for these games.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
8400GS wont be able to handle crysis at full settings........tried it out on my frend's pc today........

Try low on most n medium on some settings.......only then u can play crysis...

Updating drives wont resolve the CRYSIS problem........ i am not sure if a 8800Gt can play crysis in full details

OP
hayabusa_ryu

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
Thanx again ROMEO for ur so fast reply if 8800GT cannot play it at full details then its lower brother 8400GS cannot do anything. Why they make game with such things that we, the general users cannot play that game even buying 8400/8600/8800GTs:(. CONSOLES R MUCH BETTER IN THIS CASE. For the price of two 8800GTs we can have one working pc but we cannot play some games at full settings with this card.

Last edited:
OP
hayabusa_ryu

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
Okay It's my pleasure to contact u, u r very friendly and helpful. I always like this kind of people. Hope that I m not going to disturb u any more but will disturb if I find myself in problems.
thanx............

x3060

A LOTR fan
try lowering the resolution of games , dont play it at 1200 , try 1024, medium settings for crysis . and up the ram to 2g :). infact the card can play latest games at 1024 medium res.

OP
hayabusa_ryu

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
BTW Are U really ROMEO like person? If yes, for what u become Romeo? :D

@x3060 meaans that when I lower my resolution then I can play it maximum details(textures,AA etc.). BTW I m playing it at 1200*1024 with no problems, it is playing fluently at this settings

Last edited:

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
The card can play other games at high settings....but then crysis belongs to some other race of games.....too demanding.....

as far as my name is concerned......my name says it all.......
comp geek + flirt + voracious reader + true blue gamer.........thats me

x3060

A LOTR fan
dont put AA on 1024, its no use in low res. you can use 2 samples the max. dont go any further on 1024. with the card you have . playing at 1024 is what you should stick to .

by the way , disable soft shadows if any . that will increase the frame rate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom