Strange Processes(Worms/Trojans) in Task Manager Windows

What's the strange process in this task manager?

• Virus(some)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rose tamang

Broken In
Hi, All,

kn u explain what are these process in my system's Task Manager windows.
Is there any virus dwelling in my system?
Please provide me solutions to wipe them away. I've installed e-scan trial version that was offered in one of the Digit DVD.

1. SPOOLER.EXE
  2. MAILDISP.EXE
  3. ctfmon.exe
  4. TRAYICOS.EXE
  5. igfxpers.exe
  6. wscntfy.exe
  7. alg.exe
  8. CONSCTL.EXE
  9. MWASER.EXE
  10. TRAYSSER.EXE
  11. econceal.exe
  12. econser.exe
  13. spoolsv.exe
  14. lass.exe
  15. csrss.exe
  16. smss.exe
  17. wuauclt.exe
  18. System

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
It's all okay.

If u are still unxure. Format ur HDD>

Even then if u are not sure, dip it in the Holy Ganges.

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
the printer rpc server is named as spoolsv.exe (not spooler.exe). Further Reading.

Use either of hijackthis , kill box, Autoruns can be used to check the successful removal of the file.

OP
R

rose tamang

Broken In
What's a handy solution for this?
I've installed e-scan that was available in the Digit DVD. And if it's confirmed to be a virus then the anti virus didn't detect it.

Any other idea?

rose

fieldgunner

Broken In
Try an online scan...

Are there any suspicious files or only the process? enable 'view hidden files' in folder options and see.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Try using Comodo Internet Security or Zone Alarm to scan and block the suspicious processes. I would personally recommend using Comodo as Zone Alarm is a memory hog. You can also try anti malwares such as Trojan Remover...

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
First try killing the process by using the task manager. then delete the file (usuallyy located at %windir%\system32 or %windir%). Arrange files by modified to help easy location of file. remove the autorun entry using the autoruns. If the file is locked up or undeletable use killbox to delete file. It will try deleting the file, if not possible, will delete it at reboot.

Also check for the following files.

%System%\Cnfgldr.exe
%System%\cthelp.exe
%System%\Sysmon16.exe
%System%\Sys3f2.exe
%System%\Syscfg32.exe
%System%\Mssql.exe
%System%\Aim95.exe
%System%\Svchosts.exe
%System%\FB_PNU.EXE
%System%\Cmd32.exe
%System%\Sys32.exe
%System%\Explorer.exe
%System%\IEXPL0RE.EXE
%System%\iexplore.exe
%System%\sock32.exe
%System%\MSTasks.exe
%System%\service.exe
%System%\Regrun.exe
%System%\ipcl32.exe
%System%\syswin32.exe
%System%\CMagesta.exe
%System%\YahooMsgr.exe
%System%\vcvw.exe
%System%\spooler.exe
%System%\MSsrvs32.exe
%System%\svhost.exe
%System%\winupdate32.exe
%System%\quicktimeprom.exe
if they are present ,delete those too.

Always be on the watchout for misspelled files in system , system32 and windows folders. (now, How can i know the original filenames for differentiating?
Simple, after installation of Windows .generate a file list using dir /b /s at root drive i.e c:\ or d:\ etc. and redirect output to a file. sample: c:\dir /b /s >>filelist.txt)

Aspire

Padawan
Hi, All,

kn u explain what are these process in my system's Task Manager windows.
Is there any virus dwelling in my system?
Please provide me solutions to wipe them away. I've installed e-scan trial version that was offered in one of the Digit DVD.

1. SPOOLER.EXE
  2. MAILDISP.EXE
  3. ctfmon.exe
  4. TRAYICOS.EXE
  5. igfxpers.exe
  6. wscntfy.exe
  7. alg.exe
  8. CONSCTL.EXE
  9. MWASER.EXE
  10. TRAYSSER.EXE
  11. econceal.exe
  12. econser.exe
  13. spoolsv.exe
  14. lass.exe
  15. csrss.exe
  16. smss.exe
  17. wuauclt.exe
  18. System

They're normal

spooler.exe =>The process spooler belongs to the software eScan Internet Security for by MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Description: spooler.exe is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 277506 bytes (50% of all occurrence), 93887 bytes.
The process has no file description. Program is loaded during the Windows boot process (see Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices, HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). File spooler.exe is not a Windows system file. Therefore the technical security rating is 34% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom