Strange problem with Internet in Win XP???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello guys!

I have a rather strange problem. I have a P4 2.8 Ghz. on a Intel 865GBF motherboard with 512 MB DDR RAM. I did a fresh installation of Win XP SP2, disabled Windows Firewall and installed Kaspersky AntiVirus. Now when I connect to my BSNL Broadband connection (via LAN through ADSL Modem), it connects smoothly and internet seems to work quite smoothly for a few minutes and then the problem starts. Just after a few minutes, all internet data flow stops although I still have the connection symbol in my task bar. When I doubleclick on the network icon on the task bar, nothing opens and even if I disconnect by right clicking on the icon, I am not disconnected. Even after I switch off my ADSL modem, I still see the connection icon intact. Now, till the time I dont restart my computer, I am not able to connect again. After reconnection, the same problem starts in a few minutes. The funniest part is that if I enable the Firewall, everything starts working smoothly. Does this mean that I cannot work on the net without enabling the firewall.

Can you please help me in solving this problem...

Thank you.

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
if possible when you connect to the Net, run a ping to yahoo.com or google.com constant, and refer there if youi see no data Transfer, do post the screen shot of the ping result..

Command, ping yahoo.com -t

Ravirdv

Broken In
same problem here cant disconnect or disable local arena network :( (juz formated my pc yesterday and havent installed anything)

slugger

Banned
how did u disable d Firewall- from d control panel Firewall short cut or did u disable d service

if u have done d first den try disabling d service after that

(not sure if it is d right suggestion, but since u mentioned firewall is not needed den might as well disable it completely and c if it solves ur problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom