Strange Problem Connecting to Internet

abraham

Broken In
Hi,

I have a very strange problem and which is as follows. I have a Gigabyte B75M-D3H motherboard with an on board Realtek PCIe GBE Family network adapter, which came with the motherboard. The problem I am facing is the when I try to connect to the internet after switching on the PC and router afresh ( after shutdown and restart), I am not able to do so. In other words when my system starts up, the internet connection is dead. However, the connection is fine after going into Network and Sharing, Change adapter settings, then disabling and re-enabling the adapter. This happens all the time when I start up my PC.

When I checked the net for a solution , I could find that a lot of people who have the Realtek PCIe GBE adaptor have the same problem. For example, am giving three links below :

windows 7 - How to fix network connection dead on startup, but okay after disable/enable? - Super User
Network adaptor only works after disable/enable
Network (wired) connection only works after adaptor disable/enable - NETGEAR Forums

All the users mentioned above have the same problem and all are using Realtek adapters. So I was wondering whether this complaint has reached you before and whether you have a solution for the same. Shall be most obliged if you could help me with a solution for this problem.
Other information on my system are as follows:
1. Windows 7 64 bit
2. Router - TP-LINK TD-W8961ND ADSL plus WIFI 300MBPS and D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port Wi-Fi Router ( am experiencing the same problem with both routers)

I have tried disabling my firewall to see whether that was a problem, but even with firewall disabled, I am having the same problems. Furthermore, I have also updated the adapter drivers and it is currently on the latest driver. If anyone in this forum has experienced a similar problem and had found a resolution, please do help me with a solution.

Regards,

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try this:in your network adapter settings enable get ip automatically & in your router lan setting bind your pc MAC address to a fixed IP.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
how did you update your driver?if you updated using lan driver from gigabyte site then it may not be the latest driver.

OP
A

abraham

Broken In
how did you update your driver?if you updated using lan driver from gigabyte site then it may not be the latest driver.

Updated it from Realtek site

This was a zip file named Driver_Win7_7069_03212013

Updated it from Realtek site

This was a zip file named Driver_Win7_7069_03212013

SOS...Any suggestions as to what might be the reason for this problem...is it the adapter ( if so I can get it replaced as it is still under warranty), is it the modem ( again its still under warranty) or has it got to do with Windows 7 as someone says in one of the internet forums that I checked out to resolve the problem. Any and all help would be most welcome.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
in device manager realtek controller properties---advanced tab check if these values matches:
arp offload:enabled
auto disable pcie:disabled
energy efficient ethernet:enabled
flow control:rx & tx enabled
interrupt moderation:enabled
ipv4 checksum offload:rx & tx enabled
large send offload v2(ipv4):enabled
large send offload v2(ipv6):enabled
network address:not present
NS offload:enabled
priority & vlan: priority & vlan enabled
receive buffers:512
receive side scaling:enabled
shutdown wake-on-lan:enabled
speed & duplex:auto negotiation
tcp checksum offload(ipv4):rx & tx enabled
tcp checksum offload(ipv6):rx & tx enabled
transmit buffers:128
udp checksum offload(ipv4):rx & tx enabled
udp checksum offload(ipv6):rx & tx enabled
wake on magic packet:enabled
wake on pattern match:enabled
WOL & shutdown link speed:10 Mbps first

OP
A

abraham

Broken In
in device manager realtek controller properties---advanced tab check if these values matches:
arp offload:enabled
auto disable pcie:disabled
energy efficient ethernet:enabled
flow control:rx & tx enabled
interrupt moderation:enabled
ipv4 checksum offload:rx & tx enabled
large send offload v2(ipv4):enabled
large send offload v2(ipv6):enabled
network address:not present
NS offload:enabled
priority & vlan: priority & vlan enabled
receive buffers:512
receive side scaling:enabled
shutdown wake-on-lan:enabled
speed & duplex:auto negotiation
tcp checksum offload(ipv4):rx & tx enabled
tcp checksum offload(ipv6):rx & tx enabled
transmit buffers:128
udp checksum offload(ipv4):rx & tx enabled
udp checksum offload(ipv6):rx & tx enabled
wake on magic packet:enabled
wake on pattern match:enabled
WOL & shutdown link speed:10 Mbps first
--------------------------------------------------------

Exactly as you mentioned...each of the item is as you have cited .

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try updating your windows to SP1 if haven't done yet.make sure you have plenty of space because even though microsoft site says approximate free disk space required is just 1050mb in case of online update my experience has been otherwise.i would rather have at least 7.5gb free space as mentioned in case of downloading SP1 from microsoft site.
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

OP
A

abraham

Broken In
try updating your windows to SP1 if haven't done yet.make sure you have plenty of space because even though microsoft site says approximate free disk space required is just 1050mb in case of online update my experience has been otherwise.i would rather have at least 7.5gb free space as mentioned in case of downloading SP1 from microsoft site.
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Have already updated using DVD . Moreover there's plenty of space too ( See Attachements)

C Drive.PNGWindows SP1.PNG

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i know this is going to be a bit of hassle but image your C drive using macrium reflect free then format & install windows 7 ultimate SP1 trial version:
*msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59465.iso
this will confirm if the issue is with OS or mobo.use the default gigabyte lan driver & no window update & run the system for 2-3 days.if issue is indeed with OS restore your C drive using image & ask for mobo RMA.

Top Bottom