Strange encounter - No sound from right speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Guys, One day I opened the cabinet of my CPU and detatched every part from it and each other, including MBoard,Drives(HDD and DVD drives),SMPS, heat sink etc. to clean them.It was the first time I had detatched the MBoard from the cabinet. After screwing them back to the cabinet when I booted the comp., I didn,t heard any sound from the left speaker. I tried the front port and the back,tried the subwoofer system and headphones but still the problem persisted.What could have gone wrong???

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
1. Check your Volume Panel settings first. Its possible to mute only the left speaker from windows.
2. Check the speakers with another source (may be the left speaker dome/wiring is fault or even the amp may be fault)
3. Check the Stereo cable bw your speaker amp. Try to replug it properly. If possible try a different cable.
4. Atlast Check your sound card. Is it the default one coming with your motherboard?

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
I don't think there is any problem with hardware - can a subwoofer system, 2 headphones become faulty at the same time? And how to check my sound card for fault??oh..and it is an AC97' chip embedded on the MB,so it can't be changed.

pramen

Right off the assembly line
there is a sound jumper on the MBplease check it so that it is correctly configured

thinker

Think Well Before You Do
not a problem with the h/w
just check the sound settings or interchange the ports

did u checked the balance in the player...

evewin89

In the zone
borrow a frnd PCI sound card & attach it 2 ur MB PCI slot.... then see if the sound is correctly cuming from both da speekers or not.

anand1

In the zone
As you said everything is right with your hardware then have a look at your sound configuration tools there some check boxes might have to corrected to solve the problem.Have a look at it.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
I've checked the s\w settings but there is no problem with it. I forgot to tell that after attatching all parts to the cabinet I mistakingly fixed the power cable in wrong direction on the MB. When I tried to boot the comp. it didn't and then I discovered the fault and fixed the cable in right direction. Can this be the cause???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom