Strange booting problem!! Please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinivasdevulapally

The Masterminded
I have a 1 gb ddr2 ram along with Seagate 160 gb SATA hard disk configured pc.
When i was watching a hd movie in my computer, suddenly it hanged and when i restarted it it gave the following error...Please help

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key.

jatt

In the zone
Please answer from which media you were watching i assume that you were watching movie from dvd or cd is it right? if yes go to bios settings and select proper boot media set it to hard disk not another media or set all settings to default.then save and exit then write here what happen.

thanks

OP
srinivasdevulapally

srinivasdevulapally

The Masterminded
Please answer from which media you were watching i assume that you were watching movie from dvd or cd is it right?

No I am watching it on my hard disk...I tried to change the boot order in BIOS settings but i could not find the hard disk option there. Mine is a newly purchased Seagate 160 GB SATA hard disk..(Just a month ago). Please help thanks in advance...

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
You can try one of the tips:
Try to Boot up with the WinXP cd into Recovery Console and see if you can access the C:\Windows directory (or any other directory you know on that HDD).
You can also try Live OS CD like Knoppix or Ubuntu Live that has support for NTFS filesystem and using that to access the HDD directly. That will tell you if you have a problem with your HDD or not.
Also check Your HDD power supply. Remove all the connector and after cleaning your case, wires and cabinate. After cleaning try to boot.

The problem is with the hard disk connection.
remove the SATA cable and put it back in. Also check its connection on the motherboard. Also do not forget to check whether the Power supply cord is connected neatly. I think this should solve the problem.

OP
srinivasdevulapally

srinivasdevulapally

The Masterminded
Thanks for a great response....The problem is resolved...It's because of loose connection of the SATA cable...I fixed it...Its working fine....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom