Store 1,000 TB on a DVD

Flash

Lost in speed
But i don't think, it will be out for personal use.
It will be like the "Supercomputers" of Storage media, only to be used by big organizations/companies.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Companies should develop actual mainstream things instead of these things.. Its been too long since Blu ray has released and it's cost/GB is waaay more than what it should be

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Companies should develop actual mainstream things instead of these things.. Its been too long since Blu ray has released and it's cost/GB is waaay more than what it should be

Yeah something Like Heat assisted Magnetic Recording Heat-assisted magnetic recording - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HAMR could increase the limit of magnetic recording by more than a factor of 100. This could result in storage capacities as great as 50 terabits per square inch.

As of 2007, Seagate believed it could produce 300 terabit (37.5 terabyte) Hard disk drives using HAMR technology.[5] Some news sites erroneously reported that Seagate would launch a 300 TB HDD by 2010. Seagate responded to this news stating that 50 terabit per-square-inch density is well past the 2010 timeframe and that this may also involve a combination of Bit Patterned Media.[6]
As of early 2009 Seagate is still working on HAMR and has achieved 250 Gb per square inch. This was half of the density achieved via perpendicular recording at that time.[7]
At the end of 2010 the HDD industry was predicting the next technology change in the 2014-2015 time period.[8]
In March 2012 Seagate became the first hard drive maker to achieve the milestone storage density of 1 terabit per square inch using HAMR technology.[9]

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
This looks promising. But I would still like to see flash technology becomming dirt cheap to make cheaper ssd's available. With the two technologies developing at a pace, I believe hybrid drives are the future.

Top Bottom