Storage solution for my movies for easy accessibility

Gud_Folk

In the process..
Hey folks,

I have 2 TB of movies, TV shows and few personal snaps.
Movies and TV shows are all downloaded from internet and i dont like to delete them.
I have them stored in 4 internal HDDs.

I need to have a way to

• Store all these media content properly and back it properly.
  • Easily access these content through Wifi using Smartphones and Laptops and if possible through my TV also.
  • I have few movies in DVDs also, need to store them.
  • Movies are scattered into 4 HDDs, can they be made as 1 Unit so i can access them(some kind of RAID system please suggest).
  • HDDs dont last long, how do i made sure they last really long?.

DK_WD

WD Official
Hey folks,

I have 2 TB of movies, TV shows and few personal snaps.
Movies and TV shows are all downloaded from internet and i dont like to delete them.
I have them stored in 4 internal HDDs.

I need to have a way to

• Store all these media content properly and back it properly.
  • Easily access these content through Wifi using Smartphones and Laptops and if possible through my TV also.
  • I have few movies in DVDs also, need to store them.
  • Movies are scattered into 4 HDDs, can they be made as 1 Unit so i can access them(some kind of RAID system please suggest).
  • HDDs dont last long, how do i made sure they last really long?.

Hi [MENTION=95504]Gud_Folk[/MENTION],

I agree with [MENTION=159164]$hadow[/MENTION]. I believe WD My Cloud Mirror will fulfill your requirements. The reason to suggest the WD My Cloud mirror because it’s advanced features in RAID and Wireless connectivity. The WD My Cloud Mirror models are available from 4TB to 12TB. To check the specification of WD My Cloud Mirror, you may refer to the link below

Support Answers

Hope it helps.

OP
G

Gud_Folk

In the process..
Hi @Gud_Folk,

I agree with @$hadow. I believe WD My Cloud Mirror will fulfill your requirements. The reason to suggest the WD My Cloud mirror because it’s advanced features in RAID and Wireless connectivity. The WD My Cloud Mirror models are available from 4TB to 12TB. To check the specification of WD My Cloud Mirror, you may refer to the link below

Support Answers

Hope it helps.

i googled WD my cloud mirror, EBay lists 4TB version as Rs 22,857, its very costly.
Is there cheaper alternative for this?

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=95504]Gud_Folk[/MENTION],

My suggestion is, if you have any old desktop computer, it can be used as a media server with HDDs in enclosures for additional storage. You just have to connect with the USB ports, then share the drives on the network. For android and other gadgets to access the data, you will need to search and install some apps to connect it to the shared drives. The downside is that the desktop will have to be on 24/7 for the sharing to keep working.

Hope this information helps.

$hadow

Geek in making
Please give me suggestions under 5k and within 10k.
The cloud solutions suggested are all on higher budgets.

I dont mind even configuring it manually.

For that price you can check out WD hdd which can fall in your budget at different capacities.

Top Bottom