stopping processes in windows task manger

syner

Broken In
Many programs are run in windows task manger when computer start up,but there are few programs which i don't used frequently now days,i wan to prevent that program from running in windows task manger when windows start up,i tried msconfig,but there not the program i want to remove and i don't think its right place to stop the program in windows task mange processes,im using windows xp is there any way to solve my problem,i have attach screen shot too.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Try CCleaner, it has a section to manage startup manager. U can disable/delete services that u don't want to run when windows boot.

/offtopic, I saw a process namely "AutorunRemover.exe" in ur process list. What is that?

Dewey

Right off the assembly line
ccleaner and Glary utilities r good software to remove the autorun applications in the pc !!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I can add one more way in this list:
Goto Control Panel -> Administrative Tasks -> Services. Here you can stop many unnecessary services from executing.
For starter, I recommend, stopping a service called, Remote Registry, that is a real threat. Rest you can google and try to find a list of services that you can set as Manual.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Get a legit key of Tune Up 2010 from here -> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/freeware/139446-tuneup-utilities-2010-giveaway.html

Than optimise your system to the max using it. Disable all 3rd part programs startup during boot.
Many other optimisation options also available there

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Nice to know, this Giveaway is still active!
People should really use it!

Top Bottom