Stop Error Recovery

cyberteen

Broken In
Hi all,

first of all, my pc config:
p4 processor, d845gvad2 mb,2 512 mb ram sticks, windows xp and windows 7,nvidia 9400 gt pci card.

this happened today morning. When i switched my system on and selected windows xp, i got a blue screen showing a stop error message:
" A thread has tried to open a resource that it did not own...... Dumping physical memory.....
Physical memory dumped.

Then i restarted my pc, but now, it stopped at my intel logo itself (i.e) before getting to bios. after several time of restarting, i am finally now into windows xp and i am typing this.

I also got a windows error message:"Windows has recovered from a serious error". when i sent the error report, it took me to a page of micosoft error reporting website link:Microsoft Windows Error Reporting.

Pls suggest me what i should do to prevent further problems. I have not recently installed any hardware or a software for about 4- 5 months.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - check your HDD cable, IDE port on mobo and scan your HDD for bad sectors using HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool.

OP
C

cyberteen

Broken In
sounds like bad memory problems. Run memtest86+ & see if it reports any errors

I also get frequent messages during post " ram r/w failed. What does it imply?
My ram count stops randomly between 500-1000, whereas I have 1024 mb. Failing memory?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
test a single ram module at a time using memtest app and also make sure the ram slots of the mobo are ok.

OP
C

cyberteen

Broken In
Top gear,

I have tried running the windows digonastic memory tool to run a memory test twice. First time I ran it before selecting my os, then I ran windows xp first and then windows 7. In both, I did not get any results. Second time, I booted to windows 7 and then ran the windows memory tool and asked it to check the next time I reboot. It ran again and then I booted to windows 7 and again I did not get any icon in status bar showing any results.

What should I do now?use any other digonastic tool?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
use this : ( download the Windows (zip) ISO image version, unzip it and write the ISO file on a Cd to make a bootable CD ) - boot yur pc with the CD and start the test.

Memtest86 - Download Page

Top Bottom