Steam

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
They were ridiculous. Now it also looks more ridiculous. A month's salary of a fresher for a virtual knife.
What's more ridiculous is people trying to unbox one. They spend 500$ on keys and then freak out over unboxing a 300$ knife. I simply don't get it.

xtr3m3

Journeyman
Even after all games are installed there are still files in downloading folder , is it safe to delete those? my games are up to date.

xtr3m3

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply. I will try it again with the card in front me. Maybe I am typing something wrong. I will update here again if it works.

normal card will also work , you just need to enable international banking facilities , try calling phone banking and ask them to active yours.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's bad, I had an axis card before and it worked. I have since migrated to ICICI DC and cc and never had any problems in either

Same problem with my AXIS DC getting the same error. Are u contacted steam support

It's working now, not sure about DC though.

- - - Updated - - -

CS:GO knives on the community market looks more ridiculous now

On the positive side, relative value of cards have increased slightly. ;)

anaklusmos

Youngling
Copied from steam :

Steam is now priced in Indian Rupee.

CURRENTLY ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS:

International Credit Cards
Master and Visa

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
It's working now, not sure about DC though.

I can confirm that my Axis Bank Titanium Debit card isn't working. It works fine on PayPal, Google Playstore, iTunes etc. PayPal was my go-to way to pay for steam games but it seems that Steam doesn't need my money anymore.

Alok

Adventurer
Right now, Banner Saga USD listing is $4.99 (75% off midweek) and INR listing is 141 Rs ($2.15) :shock: am I missing something ?

sggupta95

Broken In
lol is the author serious? Finally indie games are cheaper than AAA games. What else do u want? And indie games are better than AAA games nowadays.

agreed.the article seems to suggest people only play AAA titles.and these are just the base prices,they didn't even mention the craziness that is sale season.imagine what the holiday sale is gonna be like this time.most old games at 75% off,somewhat newer titles at 50% and so on.and it is a somewhat tight situation with the games not present,but it's too early to judge.
and the fact is,the retail market covers only a small portion of games. and with crowdfunding,early access and greenlight just being a formality(for decent games,of course),indie games are a common occurrence and the times when a handful of games were made by big publishers is a thing of the past.
exciting times indeed.

masterkd

Padawan
Well chrome on my office pc works fine.I just checked.

Specify the store region in url and try. ( if you ask how to just ask goo uncle )

Found out the solution.
It is an issue with Chrome in Windows 10
Rupee symbol i.e. data:text/html,&#8377 will produce a square in chrome in Windows 10
To fix it Under chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write ENABLE - "Disable-DirectWrite" then restart chrome
and tada rupee symbol is there

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Found out the solution.
It is an issue with Chrome in Windows 10
Rupee symbol i.e. data:text/html,&#8377 will produce a square in chrome in Windows 10
To fix it Under chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write ENABLE - "Disable-DirectWrite" then restart chrome
and tada rupee symbol is there
Aha! ;)

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Alright now that all the hullabaloo has died down a bit about good and not so good (sometimes ridiculous) regional prices, the next question that pops in my mind is - does this mean that henceforth whatever games I buy will be playlocked? Or does playlock apply to gifting only? This much is sure though that they are region locked (we now fall into the same group of regions including RU/CIS)

Anybody have any info? Am gonna raise a ticket with support about this soon.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Waiting for the moment when Steam will ask our PAN card details to allow using Market over Rs 10k earnings. ;)

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Waiting for the moment when Steam will ask our PAN card details to allow using Market over Rs 10k earnings. ;)
ROFL! Well anyway, the market items seem to have lost their price suddenly. All selling for half their USD prices. I mean cards and stuff. So it take a long time to get to 10k. And even then you can't really extract the money from steam. It stays with steam, they just allow you to get some more region locked licenses.

Top Bottom