aaruni

The Linux Guy
Re: Steam related discussions

server side ban, which means that single-player campaign cheating is still possible ?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

i hope so, could also be since the game is being distributed via steam, they may have removed the ability to execute cheats.. because steam is very strict on cheating.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

Will I be able to add a game as a gift in my steam inventory, which is bought from retail, like Flipkart. I want to trade some games steam trading.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

No you can't, only way is to purchase from Steam directly as a gift.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Anyone's interested in Orcs Must Die 2? Might purchase the complete pack 2-pack.

bippukt

In the zone

I am checking out the game, although internet is a bit slow at this time. There is time enough to decide. Just two questions:

1. Does the pack that you mentioned mean 2 copies of the game with all DLCs, for $9.99? That would make it about $5 for each, which is pretty good.
2. How will the payment thing work, if we agree?

EDIT: Checked the vids and reviews. Game seems good. Just a small warning though - I am a bit busy these days and so will probably not be able to play co-op with you, if that is a factor :)

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

I am checking out the game, although internet is a bit slow at this time. There is time enough to decide. Just two questions:

1. Does the pack that you mentioned mean 2 copies of the game with all DLCs, for $9.99? That would make it about $5 for each, which is pretty good.
2. How will the payment thing work, if we agree?

EDIT: Checked the vids and reviews. Game seems good. Just a small warning though - I am a bit busy these days and so will probably not be able to play co-op with you, if that is a factor :)

Co-op is not a factor. I can purchase the pack, and send you my bank details. You may deposit Rs 280/- in my account and I will gift you your copy.

And yes, you will get the game with all the DLCs. No OST though.

bippukt

In the zone

Co-op is not a factor. I can purchase the pack, and send you my bank details. You may deposit Rs 280/- in my account and I will gift you your copy.

And yes, you will get the game with all the DLCs. No OST though.

Great, let's continue in PMs :)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Sorry for this noob question, by purchasing games in Steam, we don't own the game, we own the license to play the game. Right? :|

bippukt

In the zone

Sorry for this noob question, by purchasing games in Steam, we don't own the game, we own the license to play the game. Right? :|

That is true even for DVD games. It is just that in case of DVDs, even if you lose your license, how does the developer stop you from playing? With Steam, they can :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Right. Most of the DRM stuffs are like that only, like songs purchased from iTunes.

The day Steam will allow us to sell our games 2nd hand (we can dream, can't we? ;)) you can say you are owning the games.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

^^ Eh? you own the game

With some restrictions. If i own CD, i can give it to my bro(if it doesn't require activation) and he can play at his PC (like DMC4 which have no activation and can play by putting DVD in drive) at the same time. But with steam i can't do that. Can I?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

With some restrictions. If i own CD, i can give it to my bro(if it doesn't require activation) and he can play at his PC (like DMC4 which have no activation and can play by putting DVD in drive) at the same time. But with steam i can't do that. Can I?

Games,Software etc. are transferable if the key/license is not tied to one particular account. As long as you are the holder of the license, you are the owner.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Needless to say Valve will go out of business if they allow people to sell games they purchased for themselves.

The EULA END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

Top Bottom