Steam Summer Sale 2013 - And it begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Inspite of having a PC Game Deals thread, I am creating this thread only for steam sales, to keep all the sale in one place and to guide the new buyers. After the steam sale over It can be merged to the existing PC Game Deals thread.

Merry Summer sale.

Today's Flash sale
  1. Little Inferno: $2.49
  2. Football Manager 2013: $9.99
  3. Duke Nukem 3D: $3.39
  4. Civilization V: $7.49

Community Choice pick - Borderlands 2 - $10

Check this page for regular flash sale :- Steam deals: newest deals on Steam

Here are some basic tips
  • Allways buy from flash sale and coommunity choice. Most of the time the highest discount will be there
  • Make your wishlist ready, as every time a game on your wishlist is on sale, you will get email from steam. That is a good way you will not miss a deal.
  • Until the last day of the sale, DON'T BUY A GAME UNLESS IT'S A DAILY DEAL, FLASH SALE, OR COMMUNITY CHOICE.(It is explained below)

From lower to higher percentage the types of sales deals are:
  • No sale
  • Basic Sale (Length of whole sale; 11 days)
  • Daily Deals (~110 games total through sale; Last for 2 days from 10:00 to 10:00 AM PST; New games will be cycled in every 24 hours at 10:00AM PST)
  • Flash Sales (~132 games; 8 hours; New games every 8 hours)
  • Community Choice (~33 games; 1 game for 8 hours; voting for the next Community Choice lasts until 30 minutes before the end of the current game's deal)

If something you want was not included in one of those sales by day 11, the last day, then you should buy it sale day 11 or wait until the winter sale.

The daily, flash and community sales are the best prices you'll get so buy the game if it's one of those sales or you may kick yourself later.

Here is a pro rule.
Find a russian trader, buy tf2 keys from steam market, and trade game with him. Generally games are cheaper at russia. But some games are region locked. So make sure before trading.

**Use at your own risk. It is not advisable for newbies, as there might be a chance of scam.

List of all discounts: - Steam Sales Tracker · US · Steam Database
List of packages: - Steam Sales Tracker · US · Packages only · Steam Database

To check the lowest sale price of games ever :- Steam Sales

I will try to keep this thread updated. You can discuss whether to buy any game or not, and can post some good deals

Last edited:

masterkd

Padawan
^Please buy GOG games(Witcher 2) from GOG only as they deserves that respect.
BTW wither 2 was $5.99 in GOG summer sale few days ago

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Nice thread. will definitely be useful.

my reviews of few games i've played and are deals today.

Day 1:

L4D2 - 75% - 4.99$
A must buy if you are fan of zombie shooters. Absolute co-up fun. Also has variety of game modes like Versus, Realism etc. Not to mention free updates forever. No DLC bullshit.

Toki Tori 2+ - 34% - 9.89$ - Just released
This one is different from Toki Tori. It has taken the route of 2D sandbox instead of being linear like Toki Tori. I have only played few levels during the beta and is good but for the askng price I'd not recommend it unless you are fan of Toki Tori. It also has Steam workshop support and built in level editor. I have an additional 10% discount coupon for it that stacks with discount if anyone wants.

Ironclads series - 90% - 0.99$ each
Meh.

Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge - 90% - 0.49$
Only if you want to troll a friend by gifting it to him.

Tidalis - 80% - 0.99$
Good puzzle game. Worth 1$.

Rip Trilogy - 75% - 0.99$
2D shooter, Do not buy if you have serious business with dota 2 or any other game, you are not going to play it. If you are a casual gamer and want to try, maybe. Not much to lose at 0.99$ but these add up at end of sale into a handsome amount.

Q.U.B.E - 75% - 2.49$
First Person Puzzle game. Worth it. The story is short but the gameplay addicting. ~6-8 hours.

InMomentum - 75% - 2.49$
The gameplay seemed awesome from videos but is really not that fun. I didn't give it another try but not worth it for singleplayer alone and multiplayer is dead.

Last edited:
OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Wish there'd be titles like Witcher 2 EE, CIV V Gold, X-Com, etc. under $10.

These are common game and will go on sale most probably and will be under $10.

To check the prices for lowest sale price go to this site - Steam Sales

^Please buy GOG games(Witcher 2) from GOG only as they deserves that respect.
BTW wither 2 was $5.99 in GOG summer sale few days ago

Hmm, I bought it from gog. But now I feel, I should have bought from steam. Dont know why I want all games to be in steam Library. It is easy to navigate.

gameranand

Living to Play
Honestly it doesn't look like a sale to me as for now. maybe later this will change, only game worth buying is L4D2 and that is quite old game now.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
It is my first steam summer sale(eventhough i registered a long time ago) and quite frankly, i am utterly disappointed. I got CS, CS:CZ, Deathmatch, and 2 more things for 3.74$ since that looks fine for me. But now the same thing, goes for 7.49$ :shock:. Apart from that, i didn't find anything more appealing to buy and hard to resist. It's like regular deal, for lot of games. Except the Flash Sale, which is quite decent but not jaw-dropping.

OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
W2 or W2 EE ??

I guess witcher 2 will be $7.5 or may be less.
And check now Civ V is in flash sale @ $7.5

Anyway New flash sale began.

It is my first steam summer sale(eventhough i registered a long time ago) and quite frankly, i am utterly disappointed. I got CS, CS:CZ, Deathmatch, and 2 more things for 3.74$ since that looks fine for me. But now the same thing, goes for 7.49$ :shock:. Apart from that, i didn't find anything more appealing to buy and hard to resist. It's like regular deal, for lot of games. Except the Flash Sale, which is quite decent but not jaw-dropping.

Well I said, only buy from flash sale and community choice. Rest all deals will not be good.

gameranand

Living to Play
Wish there'd be titles like Witcher 2 EE, CIV V Gold, X-Com, etc. under $10.

Damn you missed the Witcher Series Sale on GOG. I got both games at 75% or more discount from GOG some months back with help of Skud. And he paid the amount when only 5 minutes were remaining for the deal. :D:D

Why can't I find fallout new vegas in the steam sale?

Because it ain't there. :p

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I guess witcher 2 will be $7.5 or may be less.
And check now Civ V is in flash sale @ $7.5

Anyway New flash sale began.

Well I said, only buy from flash sale and community choice. Rest all deals will not be good.

Civ V deal looks good. Is this worth buying?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I checked few videos. Nah, its not my type of game. SR2 & SR3 @ 8.73$ together. Flash sale. Is it good deal? Is this game worth playing? I tried SR1, but didn't finished it because my PC didn't meet min sys req. Now since i will get a 560+x4 955, i guess these games can be playable with that rig. Please tell me whether to go with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom