Steam Not responding

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Go to the Networking tab in your Task Manager. After opening steam, when it will not be responding, check if there is any activity in that tab.
If it is, that means that steam is downloading some $h1t. Sometimes takes about 5 mins in my 10MBPS connection.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
steam is in my startup apps. if i ever exit steam manually and run it again, it takes more than 5 tries and 15min to get it started again. most of the time it just stops responding while signing in.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
steam is in my startup apps. if i ever exit steam manually and run it again, it takes more than 5 tries and 15min to get it started again. most of the time it just stops responding while signing in.

+1.Same here.
Now a new case has started.Steam opens up,But not the main screen.I can see it in the taskbar.But when i click it it closes :-?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam I never have had problems like that :confused:

i'll show you.

+1.Same here.
Now a new case has started.Steam opens up,But not the main screen.I can see it in the taskbar.But when i click it it closes :-?

launch steam and don't touch it. if it stops responding, close it. but while signing in, if you even by mistake click on the screen it stop working. thats the best solution i can find.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why are you clicking in the taskbar? First check whether it has been updated to 20 March 2012 version or not.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Why are you clicking in the taskbar? First check whether it has been updated to 20 March 2012 version or not.

Its fully updated.Is there a manual Patch?
I clicked on the taskbar,To open the main steam UI.(I.e the library etc)

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Now back to not responding :|
How do i play offline guys?(cos steam not working)
Fallout launches thru steam

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Nipun That wont help if Net is on.

Now back to not responding :|
How do i play offline guys?(cos steam not working)
Fallout launches thru steam
Turn off Internet, then double click steam and play :)

Then it will open in offline mode and hopefully you will be able to play.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^Thanks will try
Btw.Is it normal for gfx card to be 53 degress without any gaming.

Last edited:
Top Bottom