Star Wars KotOR- help needed

TheGibMaker

Level 9 Commissar
Bioware released a crappy, buggy game and got away with it.

I bought star wars Knights Of The Old Republic a few days ago to run it on my 2009 model Dell inspiron 14 It has intel GMA 5 series embedded GPU (i can already hear the laughing). i installed and tried my best to run it. First the son of a b**** refused to install. After much prodding & tinkering, it finally did. Then, it started up, only to hang after charecter creation.

I patched it to v1.03, used modifiers of all sorts, and basically tried my best to fix it, but to no avail.

I am not alone. just search the web for "sw kotor+bug" and see for yourself

I am fed up and desperately seeking help.
Please do offer any advice you can spare!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Is this Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, or just Star Wars: The Old Republic? because Kotor is an old game, and will be very buggy on vista

OP
TheGibMaker

TheGibMaker

Level 9 Commissar
Tried it on XP sp2, Windows 7 xp mode, compatibility mode(win 2007) and even WINE!
Nothing works.
it's SW KOTOR, by the way...
I mean, has it come to that point where you have to own an NVIDIA card just to play a game?
I respected bioware before this... Even LucasArts(TIE fighter is the best game ever.)
And that's a 2003 game. It should run, in theory, on my 2006 Celeron processor on my HTPC, even w/o discreet graphics.

Oh, and P.S.: Tech Support needn't know of this.... If you know what (and why) i mean ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom