Star Screen Awards -Did u notice this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
Yesterday i saw the repeat of 14th Annual Star Screen Awards on Star Plus. Something really funny i noticed was that the nomination clips used were ripped from Pirated DVDs / Video Files downloaded from the Internet. Now the easy way to identify this was:

The Jab we met and Om Shanti Om clips had "CiniMax" written on the right hand bottom of the screen :p

The Taare Zameen Par and Welcome clips had 3 star watermark on the right hand bottom and left hand top of the screen :lol:

So finally the film industry which is continuously protesting against piracy had to take help from these ripped off versions to showcase at the awards ceremony :D

PS: Mods if you find anything in this thread that should not be here then please delete / close this thread.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm pretty sure this is not the first time that it's happened.I have seen this before as well.It's ridiculous to have Pre-DVD clips altered to be put as nomination clips.I mean don't we have original clips handed by producers for screening them as nominations.It's very sad to see this happening when the people who preach against Piracy themselves share a opposite view.:mad:

Sourabh

Laptoping
Reminds me of a mini-review done by a print mag showing the iPod nano with 'Song name [djluv.tk]' on display.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Piracy everywhere.
Didn't noticed them though.Was in a sleep mood at that time. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/37.gif

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
@ayaritik
I dont think this is the right place to discuss such things.
AFAIK No such info is allowed here.
But surely i would also like to know the answers to the questions raised by you.

PS: Mods if this post is off track / not allowed then plz delete the same

xbonez

NP : Crysis
no harm in informing about diff video types...we're not promoting piracy that way

@ajay : a pre-dvd or a dvdscreener is basically a leaked copy of the movie dvd that isn't meant for he public...its meant for the director, censor board, other staff etc....that is the best quality u can get before the dvds of a movie are out.
however, they might not be the last edit and so might have some extra scenes and almost always have a watermark

ajayritik

Technomancer
Xbonez thanks for the info! Yes you are right I'm just asking what it is! I don't think it's wrong to ask about what technology etc

shadow2get

In the zone
What is Pre-DVD? How is it made? how is it different from Cam Print?

If you want to know more about the Pirated Movie Release types, check this link from Wikipedia:

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirated_movie_release_types

FYI, the Pirated Movie Release Types are :
--------------------------------
Pre-Release: Screener (SCR) :: Telecine (TC) :: Workprint (WP)
In-Cinema:
Cam :: Telesync (TS)
Home Video (rips):
Disk image :: DVD-Rip :: HDTV-Rip :: R5 :: VHS-Rip
--------------------------------

PraKs

Youngling
@rak007

Awesome Info man.. Never knew this..

Producers watching their own movie in pirated print for award,. hehe funny

Status
Not open for further replies.