Split AC Installation query!!!

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I have bought two split AC for my home (1.5ton 5star & 1Ton 3star) and two vguard VG400 stabilizer.

I want to know from the gurus that:-

1) what things I should look upon when the Service technician install the air-conditioner. Like I have seen some video mentioning vacuuming and leak testing.
2) Where should I keep the ODU?
3) And Vguard stabilizer is any good?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Standard procedure is to install the ODU in a shaded area preferably. Secondly the copper tubing in between the ODU and IDU should be vacuumed with a pump. Thirdly the the copper tubings outer foam jacket should be taped with an insulation tape. Fourth get good ODU stand from Godrej Boyece as it offers the maximum distance between the ODU and the installation wall.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
@ The Incinerator

1) "Godrej Boyece" Is it the company name or the product name? In which category shop should i look for?

2) These vacuum test and leak test are done by the installers as a part generally or they need to be forced?

3) Do they carry insulation tapes or it needs to be bought ?

will you be kind enough to put some pics of your AC INSTALLATION where you have used those?

@ tenida

please provide the link of those videos.

Last edited:

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
@ Tenida:

1) have u installed the A.C. by now?
2)will be pleased to know the procedure of the same.
3)How is your VGUARD working?
4) Have u bought that "Godrej Boyece"

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@ Tenida:

1) have u installed the A.C. by now?
2)will be pleased to know the procedure of the same.
3)How is your VGUARD working?
4) Have u bought that "Godrej Boyece"

1) Yes. Long ago.
2) They didn't used vacuum pump for both voltas and panassonic. They said vacuuming is only applicable for inverter ac.
3) Working great.
4) No. Bought from the installer itself.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
thanks.

Now want to know the connection line up for the AC

1)wall socket-v guard-MCB-A.C.
2)wall socket-MCB-v guard-A.C.

WHICH ONE?

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Air Conditioner-V-guard-MCB
Changed the wiring for both wallsocket to main MCB box and MCB socket to Main meter.
(Havells 4mm wire(1100v) (Finolex 6mm(1100v)

$hadow

Geek in making
Installation is the most important aspect when it comes to split AC. People sometimes over look some facts and then end up saying that the AC didn't perform well.

Top Bottom