Splinter Cell:Double Agent Visual C++ runtime error and ***MUST CHECK*** error

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Z

zerohourkill

Broken In
yes its a legal copy of the game,but it does not really matter if its legal or not, i've seen ppl having the same problem with fake version of this game and with legal version as well...

assasin

Banned
Had d same prob wit my copy (pirated),and after raking my brains for 2 hrs found out dat it was due to a worm Win32/PassMa.Da.now after deleting all viruses/worms d games runiing witout a glitch.

OP
Z

zerohourkill

Broken In
yea, its probbly cuz of SM 3...so there is no other way to run a game on SM 2?! does anyone noe if there is gna be patch for the game which will fix this?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
zerohourkill said:
i installed Splinter Cell: Double Agent on my Acer Ferrari 3400 laptop, but when i launch any mission the game crashes and these errors come up:

*i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/zerohourkill/thinkdigit/shader.jpg

*i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/zerohourkill/thinkdigit/runtime1.jpg

*i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/zerohourkill/thinkdigit/runtime2.jpg

it might be because my video card (ATI mobility radeon 9700 128mb) does not support 3.0 shaders, but i dunt think that it is the problem, i saw ppl on other forums having the same problem with new video card which support shaders 3.0

there is a solution to it, but unfortunately it doesnt help everyone:

add "D:\GAMES\double agent\SCDA-Offline\System\SplinterCell4.exe" -II in target line for the shortcut of SplinterCell4.exe in SCDA-offline folder of the game.

but again, it helped only some ppl, after i tried this the error came up wen clicking on the shortcut:

*i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/zerohourkill/thinkdigit/mustcheck.jpg

i tried installing Directx from DVD, and i even downloaded the latest version from Microsoft website, i updated my video card drivers, i also installed 1_01 patch for the game but stiil, no luck :(

PLZ HELP!
Actually I am not at all surprised with the message u got.This is by far the most unstable game made by ubisoft.U should probably get the solution here.Check If u have the latest drivers installed also install the default lcd moniter drivers for in ur windows installation.

Drifter

Right off the assembly line
hey i'm having the same problem, but it says something about a buffer overrun in the C++ runtime error box. i have the latest drivers and my G-card has shader 3. i've been looking everywhere for the answer but noone seems to know it, can someone please help me?????

hellrider

Broken In
I ain't getting any sounds wen I am playing this game, even 1.01 patch is ain't helping, added to this the game is crashing awfully lot (crashing in the sense, its just not crashing to desktop.. my comp just restarts)!!

assasin

Banned
Completeed the game along wit the bonus level.The game ran witout a hitch (except in the beginning when d exe file was infected wit a worm).Didnt have a single prob. and d game never crashed.

OP
Z

zerohourkill

Broken In
haha yea, most of the ppl have AT LEAST one problem with this game...

was the game good? is it worth going through all this trouble to play it?

Last edited:

Vyasram

The pWnster
get this

*www.gamespot.com/pc/action/splintercell4/download.html?sid=6162800&tag=feat_dls;title;0

OP
Z

zerohourkill

Broken In
the new patch is out :D thnx man, i hope it works...i've tired like everythin to make this game work

Last edited:

sidz

Right off the assembly line
i got a new p4 3gig dual core 2048 mb ram and ati saphirre 2600 hd pro 512 mb ddr2 and i got the same as you when i start the game '' Crash ....... must check!!!!!'' and the other one ''runtime error c++ blablablabla'' and i got the newest driver . Ill try with no patch , patch 1.1 and patch 1,2 and patch 1,2+1,1 .... nothing works?!?!?! i try to copy a shortcut in the same directory with the same name as many forum said too but nothing work ......

Is this a ****ing game who anybody cant start or something is missing in tha ****ing game

if anyone find an answer or ill find it post it right here please many people appreciated that...!!!

ps sorry for my poor english

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Hey me too got same error. I updated graphics driver and it worked. That too I had to run the game using Autorun>Run SCDA>Single Player.. Then it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom