Splinter Cell Blacklist

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
Amazon listed release date March 29 , 2013.

Source > Amazon dates Splinter Cell: Blacklist for March release - Splinter Cell: Blacklist for Xbox 360 News

thejunglegod

Journeyman
I think the first 2 Splinter Cells were the best in the series. Perfect stealth mechanics. The game devs only want to adhere to a much general audience these days and not the hardcore sect. Let's wait and watch where this goes.

heidi2521

Padawan
Can you update information in the OP?

Platforms: PC/PS360/Wii U
Developer: Ubisoft Toronto
Publisher: Ubisoft
Release Date: Aug 20/22/23 (NA/EU/AU)

Boxart:

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/Splinter_Cell_Blacklist_cover.png

Trailers:

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I didn't liked conviction much because of loose stealth mechanics and I don't think that this one is going to be very good either. :|

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah, that's what I said :)
You're right. I'm expecting this one to be stealth, and by stealth I mean stealth.

heidi2521

Padawan
I don't really have a problem if it is action oriented as long as they don't screw stealth over. After Conviction i hope they re instate a full stealth system with a possibility action rather than an action system with optional stealth.

gameranand

Living to Play
I don't really have a problem if it is action oriented as long as they don't screw stealth over. After Conviction i hope they re instate a full stealth system with a possibility action rather than an action system with optional stealth.

Its a stealth game so I want stealth. Make a action game and I don't have problem with action.

heidi2521

Padawan
NVM. This game will be crap.

Splinter Cell Blacklist's director explains how Sam's updating his game: "Stealth is not a nice thing. We took lessons from Hitman, Dishonored & the Batman Arkham games" | PS3 Features | Official PlayStation Magazine

Splinter Cell: Blacklist ps3 screensTrue, you are kind of watching the game play itself at these points but the visual payoff is a gratifying reward for the work it takes to get there. It makes Splinter Cell’s old template feel far more current, with a hugely increased flow and speed run/challenge-style bursts of pace. Satisfying sequences of climbing, scoping, running and executing can unfurl effortlessly. Or as Redding puts it, “Once in a while the stars align and you get that perfect moment where you can just go ‘bang bang bang’, chain a bunch of moves together and dive out a window and disappear”. It’s all part of updating Splinter Cell to ensure an eleven year old series with six installments under its belt doesn’t feel old. “In terms of stealth action we’ve always wrestled with how do we stay fresh,” says Redding. “How do we evolve it and keep it something that mainstream players are interested in”.

Interestingly part of that evolution involves the unusual admittance that, “Stealth is not a nice thing”. Redding explains: “The majority of people know there’s a manageable period of time in which they’re either going to have to be patient or undetected or careful. It’s how you segment the action. You want to keep that loop, you don’t want that loop to run for half an hour or an hour, you want it to run for 5 or 10 minutes at a time to allow players to move into the next area and engage in some exploration. Games like Hitman, Dishonored and the Batman Arkham games are a good reflection of that approach and so we took those lessons to heart”.

Part of perfecting that loop is also getting the balance right. “What players don’t like is arbitrary or unfair failure,” Redding points out. “Nobody wants to feel like they’ve blundered. What you want to feel like is that you arrive in a situation and you can see why it’s challenging, where the threats are, and where you can take a calculated risk to get through a certain area”.

heidi2521

Padawan
Raymond: Splinter Cell popularity held back by its complexity

"One of the things that held it back is despite all of the changes that have happened over the years, it's still one of the more complex and difficult games to play," Raymond told Eurogamer.

Raymond: Splinter Cell popularity held back by its complexity • News • Eurogamer.net

:facepalm:

:crazy::censored::pullhair::hissyfit:

heidi2521

Padawan
Splinter Cell: Blacklist preview: The king of multiplayer returns • Previews • PC • Eurogamer.net

Spies vs Mercs is back. There may be some hope yet.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Co-op Trailer.. interesting to see Indian Flag and "warheads" gotta see how people react for this.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Review Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist Review, Price, Specifications - Tech2

how come tech2 got the review so early?

Top Bottom