Status
Not open for further replies.

satanlives

Journeyman
the game must be playing on the ps2 or something..
cause the game is absolutely stunning.. and ppl playing it on 360's and ps3s are gonna hve a blast...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Edit: Nevermind, found the Pause Menu .. Had to press a silly left arrow for it from the Game Menu ..

Game has a very very bad framerate, and when it foolishly autosaves, the framerates drop even lower :(

Worst Spider-Man game ever. Not worse than Spider-Man 2 : The Movie Game though. That rules the ****.

Last edited:
OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
QwertyManiac said:
Edit: Nevermind, found the Pause Menu .. Had to press a silly left arrow for it from the Game Menu ..

Game has a very very bad framerate, and when it foolishly autosaves, the framerates drop even lower :(

Worst Spider-Man game ever. Not worse than Spider-Man 2 : The Movie Game though. That rules the ****.

Do u have 7600 GT ?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah I got the real DVD, cost me Rs. 999/-

Am gonna have to re-install XP now, cause I think its Vista's requirement of 1.5 Gigs of RAM (I got 1 Gig) that's creating this issue.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Tech Genius said:
How are the game's graphics ?
I can't turn on any eye candy lest I want to watch it go at 1 frame a minute... :mad:

Anyway, a couple of shots. (Have completed 20%, met Lizard alone yet .. Goblin will be born now ..) More better screens later, these were just in-game experimental (F11 Key).

*img354.imageshack.us/img354/7451/screenshot0000ns2.th.jpg

*img369.imageshack.us/img369/1825/fasfasdbq6.th.jpg

The camera's damn buggy, even reported on consoles. CAD-Online puts it the best "They made this game cause Treyarch begged they wanted to make a game." Damn, Ultimate Spider-Man was so so so lovely from Beenox and Treyarch and this new thing though has lots of cool moves and an amazing way to use your Spider-Sense, has so bad visuals. Hope a patch can save it from performance blues.

The camera is so bad that when you come out of the game you see the world with a tilted view and you try to adjust your neck. :|

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
can Spider-Man steal cars ? :D

& enter bulidings?

btw draw distance is good.
man the game looks dull, that too on a 7600GT :shock:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
There's a few buildings like the Daily Bugle and other ones that can be explored completely, and there's Subways and Sewers that can be explored too. I heard its a total of 20 miles, for all consoles except hand-held ones and Wii.

Spidey doesn't steal but he sure can hitch a long ride on them. ( Swinging is faster though .. :mrgreen: )

It looks dull for 2 reasons:

1. All eye-candy off. Nvidia's settings are set to High Performance instead of Quality, to get some extra 4-5 fps too :(
2. Its JPEG :mrgreen:

OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
In which resolution are you playing?

Look at the review of some gamespot's users :shock: -> *www.gamespot.com/pc/action/spiderman3/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;reviews

They said this game is Best in Series
:D

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Those screens were taken when I didn't know how to access the Video settings, so it was the default 1024x768. Currently I'm playing at 800x600 :(

It is good with all its moves and new concepts like running on the wall, jump-crawl and other nice things like that but the combat is plain monotonous and the visuals terrible. Still, its Spider-Man at his swinging best. This double line swing unlock is way cool, its so stable and straight :mrgreen:

And about the "Best in series" thing, read on to the next line and you see this don't you?

Beside the flaws, this game is nothing but fun.

:mrgreen:

satanlives

Journeyman
well here are some screenies frm my 7800gt playing at all max with 2x aa

*img159.imageshack.us/img159/8650/game2007043022174559nn8.th.jpg
*img265.imageshack.us/img265/2946/game2007043022184960rm3.th.jpg
*img116.imageshack.us/img116/1428/game2007043022092250kd7.th.jpg
*img299.imageshack.us/img299/7849/game2007043022091645fk9.th.jpg

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Wowie, the black suit! It feels fast! It feels more powerful! I like it! :D

The rage in the black suit is too good to explain, but your resistance weakens and thats bad. Had fun finishing off Sandman for the first time yet :)

T

thunderbird.117

Is spiderman 3 a free roam?. Are they any side mission?. I heard that beenox did a bad port?. How is the speed?.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
It ain't a bad port cause the XBox version is as bad and buggy with the camera :D

Speed will be fine if you have the recommended requirements of 1.5 GB plus RAM and a 7300GT + powered card. Not to mention a faster than 2.8 PIV processor. Yeah high stuff, I just barely satisfy most of it :(

Yeah Spider-Man 3 is a full free roam with buildings and subways and sewers, and its almost like Ultimate Spider-Man except with a lot of combat combos and different mini missions like Sky Diving, taking MJ for a ride and so on .. But disposing bombs off is one big monotony in this game.

The best part about the game is the roam mode, it has running on walls, very fast swinging, swing jumps, slingshot points for jumping huge distances, web zips, web yoyos and what not :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom