prabhatmohit

Journeyman
Hi friends,

I have recently purchased a BELKIN G Router (54Mbps).
I have connected my wired computer and my laptop via it but the transfer speed for files I got is VERY POOR ~250Kb/sec
I was expecting to get some good speed..so that file transfer and multiplayer gaming was viable

Can you suggest how may I get some more speed?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
We have been discussing about wireless routers in this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/128702-good-wifi-n-series-router.html :)

I suggested ppl to go for Linksys...rather than Netgear/Belkin/D-Link, they may come at a premium price but worth every rupee. :)

Now not to disappoint you as you have already made your purchase, please try disabling your firewalls. Moreover, you may try going to "My Computer" icon, right click on it and then click on "Properties". Select the Device Manager button under the Hardware Tab. Select your network card from the list (should located under network adapters) right click and select properties and under the Advanced tab look for Speed & duplex in the box. select it and change the drop down menu from Auto to 10mb/half duplex. This should do the trick.

Lastly, I can suggest you to give this router back to the vendor and ask for a linksys as replacement. Pay the difference and you will never have to worry about speed. :)

OP
P

prabhatmohit

Journeyman
thanks for ur response Gagan..
I am going to do that on my Wired PC..should setting be changed on my laptop too? Because there is no Speed option for the Wireless card.

Secondly, I purchased it from Ebay...I Don't think they will return that

Top Bottom