speed matters with bluetooth,,,irda,,cable,,,, ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkmkmk

In the zone
Hello ,

i am newbie here,,,,its my first post,,,,,,purchasing digit since 5 months, loved moto of digit,,,i am not technologist but i have to cope with technology ,belongs to medical field,,so want to take help of comp docs of digit,,members,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i have N 6021 with bluetooth dongle,,Bluesoleil,,Using Airtel gprs
i am getting speed 20-30 kbps,,,so i have query regarding this,,,,
i have seen lot of posts of expert members here and those who r using,,,gprs ,,,,

i have seen one thing that they r getting speed up to 5-8 kBPS,,so
i would like to ask experts by what mode if i will connect 6021 to pc then
i willl get,,,more speed ? or way of connection is really matter

choudang

Padawan
Bluetooth and Cable connection are stable, but IrDA is unstable.

when you connect the phone with PC for surfing, def'ly you will get more speed. the defaut connection speed will be 115 kbps but you can increase it upto 930 kbps.

making a smile with the speed.... now face the truth... GPRS can provide only 14.3 kbps withoth EDGE.

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
Thanks,,,Warrior,,,
but its edge class 6 and gprs class 10,,
still i am getting so less speed,,,

and one thing i would like to ask u,,,
is there any different setting for edge in cell or same of gprs setting will work for edge too

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
the speed which you are getting is less than average. check the com port settings and increase the baud rate to at least 115kbps. this should get you a max of 5-6KBps.

also, as he said IR is less stable. but there is absolutely no variation in speed wid the 3, since the max speed of each mode is greater than wot is offered by gprs/edge. afaik, edge aint fully implemented here. there is no special setting for edge. your handset as well as ur isp should support it. confirm wid ur isp.

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
Hey Warrior one more question for u,,,
U have mentioned u can increase speed up to 930,,
Tell me some ways to increase speed too,,,

becoz i cannt open some xray images on this speed ,,seeking u r expert opinon ,,,

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
Thanks infra_red- dude for u r some guiding words
Would u like to tell me something more about com setting and how to do that ,,,in few lines,

choudang

Padawan
infra_red_dude said:
the speed which you are getting is less than average. check the com port settings and increase the baud rate to at least 115kbps. this should get you a max of 5-6KBps.....................
sorry .. m not totally agree. about the increasing the b.rate of the com port, this is the connection speed of PC to whatever it is usb cable/BT/IrDA..... its not a part of your GPRS connection. with this, u can increase the data/signal speed to your PC 4m your cell phone.
sys properties -- hardware -- device manager -- [select the device and go to properties] -- advanced

next here it is another setting that you can. this setting applies to your dialer. you can increase the dialer speed upto 921 kbps.. to do this -- first create the dial up connection---
properties -- [here you will find the modem] -- configure -- select the maxium speed it will increase the modem speed.

i have make some experiments with diff speed, when i use a IrDA, its become more unstable with high connection speed [2]. it becomes stable at 115 kbps. with a bluetooth, the download speeds varies with the connection speeds...

but, the truth is that, the GPRS connection provides maxium of 14.3 KBps. we can't increase that speed.. cuz it is from service provider.

for the EDGE, your service should provide the EDGE Technology, and your handset also be EDGE enable. without any one of these two.. we can't do anything.

i think all of you queries are solved.

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
Thanks Warrior for u r helping hand,,,but ,i willl tell u what i faced,,,while i was following u r steps,,,while configuration,,

I followed same path that u told me, and at device manager under modem i have seen,,BLUETOOTH DUN modem,,,then properties ,,,,in this subcategaries,,,GENERAL,,, MODEM,,, DIAGNOSTIC,,, ADVANCED,,, DRIVER DETAILS,,,,

In this i clked ADVANCED then i saw,,,EXTRAA SETTINGS and CHANGE DEFAULT PREFERENCES,,

i clked CHANGE DEFAULT PREFERENCES,,then i saw GENERAL and ADVANCED,,,,

Under GENERAL l tab,,,i have seen as follows,,,,,
DATA CONNECTION PREFERENCES ,,,,,,,,
PORT SPEED,,,,,,115200,,,,,,,,,,,,but problem is this was highest figure ,,i have seen remaining as,,like this,,,300 ,1200,2400,,.4800,,9600 ,19200,,38 400, 57600 and last was 115200,,,,,,,,,so already it port speed was selected on 11500

then already it was selected to highest port speed ? can we do anything in this ?

Under ADVANCED tab which comes under Main ADVANCED tab ,,i have seen some lines like this,,,

HARDWARE SETTINGS,,,
DATA BITS,,8,,which is hights number here again,,,remaining are 4,5,6,7
PARITY,,,,none,,,,remaining options here,,even, odd., mark, space
STOP BITS,,,1,,,another options here,,1.5 and 2

can i do any changes in this,,? which can make changes in speed ?

And one more thing,,under MODEM tab i have seen ,,
port com 14
maximum port speed 115200,,same highest figure here others are same i mentioned above

Expecting u r nice answer on this,,,?becoz lot of time i cannt open x ray images totally ,, 50-70 % i can,,and taking too much time so its irritating,,

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes dude, thats wot i said. the bottleneck is the speed at which the phone connects wid the computer. he can't do anything about the connection wid the isp. we don't haf any access to such setting in the phone neither can we do anything about the isp.

also, make sure the signal strenght is pretty decent in ur area.

choudang

Padawan
you don't have to do anything there, its already at the highest rate. so you can try the second trick after creating the dial up connection.

ps: plz go pro'ly with my previous post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom