Speakers+Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hey guys i need 2 buy speakers and a mouse 4 my new laptop...im looking at 2.1 speakers and a wireless optical mouse. i live in new york and am considering the following avaialble options:
speakers:
creative inspire T3000/T2900/G380/2500
logitech X-220/X-230
altec lansing VS2121

im leaning more 2ward the creative and logitech speakers coz they have more power and higher signal 2 noise ratio...

mice:
logitech and microsoft wireless mice

im willing 2 spend upto $50 4 each...if u have other recommendations, post them...

theraven

Technomancer
i suggest the logitech mx700 or something like that
its a cordless optical mouse .. i really like it
and i prefer logitech over others
in speakers ... hmmm ... 2.1 eh ?
thats kinda a tough one. . but there i think the altec lansings are realll good

OP
N

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hmmm my friend here has an mx700...nice mouse but i find it kinda big and heavy....the altec lansing speakers r low on power and their signal 2 noise ratio is 75dB compared with that of the creatives (80dB) and logitech (92dB)....its a really tough decision....btw, thanx 4 replying...

theraven

Technomancer
o well those were kind of biased opinions :D
if u dun like the logitch then definitely go for the microsoft
see how they feel tho ... if u like it pick it up
hmm if the altec lansings are a problem ...
well then u have to hear both the logitech and creative
id suggest creative in a flash .. but the logitechs have that extra thump !!
yet safe side id recommend creative .. check them out .

OP
N

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hmmm. i'll probably go 2 a store and check them out...i wanted 2 buy online coz amazon.com has awesome discounts...lets c which 1 sounds better....

suave_guy

pedal to metal
choosing 2.1 speakers are always tricky....
well u can go to the showroom for the speakers demo.... and later on can buy the desired one from amazon.com anyway ;)
one more suggestion....since ur in new york then i also suggest u to check out klipsch and harman kardon speakers....
Klipsch is god of computer speakers, really, others are just followers....
if u give too much importance to S/N ratio, then also make sure that ur sound card's S/N ratio is also decent enough, otherwise there wont be any difference....
btw i use altec and i'm quite satisfied with its S/N ratio, in other words i've never noticed any white noice when they are silent, its only when i turn up their volume ,while they are silent, that i notice little bit of white noise....
having said that i also want to say that this S/N ration concept shud be ignored while considering 2.1 setup from reputed brands(its going to be decent anyway)....yea it does matter when ur considering 5.1 setup coz in that case there will be more sattelites and also that its usually used for loud hearing purpose during the movies, and thats where poor S/N ratio can be irritating, during any silent scene, whereas 2.1 is generally used for music purpose and moderate level hearing and music sounds dynamic all the time, so u wont notice any noise....
rest depends on ur choice and taste..

Enjoy :)

OP
N

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
oo nice!! thanx man...
btw, ive checked out klipsch..too expensive and harmon kardon has only 1 model-the creature 2.1s and again its very expensive...

OP
N

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
how about trackballs???? ive decided 2 hold back a bit and not get the speakers right now. i got a dell inspiron 9100 and it has 9W speakers....with a 5W subwoofer...small numbers i know but ok 4 now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom