Status
Not open for further replies.

callmeastha

Broken In
lately my pc speakers have started giving a strange shrill sound(like the one that comes when u adjust a mic). this sound comes when i increase the volume above a certain level using the volume knob on the speaker.also it comes irrespective of wether i'm playing an audio file,video or nothing at all. what's the reason and what can i do?
thnx

spyingshadow

Broken In
how old r ur speakers? This sproblem usually occurs when the speakers get old or a little damaged. u sure might be getting it when u would adjust the volume knob.
OR
It might be that you have enabled the 20-db boost in the mic settings n also kept the mic volume on. Just go to control panel-sounds and audio devices-advanced(volume tab)-now u will see a slider with mic written over it. Just lower the volume or select the mute option. U should get rid of it. Otherwise, u can go to the advanced options below it n disable the 20-db boost. If there is no button like advanced, just enable it from options.

IMPORTANT: if the mic volume slider is not present, go to options-properties-playback and enable the mic slider.
for any queries, just post again.

OP
C

callmeastha

Broken In
spyingshadow said:
how old r ur speakers? This sproblem usually occurs when the speakers get old or a little damaged. u sure might be getting it when u would adjust the volume knob.
OR
It might be that you have enabled the 20-db boost in the mic settings n also kept the mic volume on. Just go to control panel-sounds and audio devices-advanced(volume tab)-now u will see a slider with mic written over it. Just lower the volume or select the mute option. U should get rid of it. Otherwise, u can go to the advanced options below it n disable the 20-db boost. If there is no button like advanced, just enable it from options.

IMPORTANT: if the mic volume slider is not present, go to options-properties-playback and enable the mic slider.
for any queries, just post again.

speaker are some 4 yers old. dunno what 20-db boost is and cant find it's option.mic slider not present and cant find the optin to activate it.i have something called c-media 3d installed (display name Xear 3d).is that the cause?but it han't caused any problems till now

DukeNukem

Come get Some
VOLUME Knob of your Spk is the one responsible for that Sound.
replace it with a new one or Try Thinner or Kerosene oil on that knob to remove the carbon from it due to which you are facing the Problem but better is to replace it with new one as thinner or kerosene oil trick is only temp. sol.

OP
C

callmeastha

Broken In
tried oiling the knob.doesn't seem to work.i've observed that everytime i blow into or tap a small opening on top of my monitor(dunno what it does) sound comes like when we tap a mic. haven't noted it before. is this abnormal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom