speaker buying blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie2go

Right off the assembly line
hi
i m looking to buy a new speaker system my final choices are altec lansing 641 & creative megaworks
my usage are music 50%, gaming 10% , movies 20%, dvd 20%
eventhough its fine to opt megaworks to use with dvd , my experiences with altec mx-5021 is very impressive and i got a special affection towards altec
so please help me to get out of this , would creative satisfy my altec needs or 641 is the king?
bye
techie

super_i_man

Broken In
No boss, Altech is the best in the field, AL is the king, nothing can beat the sound quality, bose speakers you can try if you have the money and if you are going for a branded pc. Creative ones are the lower level ones available in the US and they dont command much respect there. Go for AL blindly.

Delpiero

Journeyman
super_i_man said:
No boss, Altech is the best in the field, AL is the king, nothing can beat the sound quality, bose speakers you can try if you have the money and if you are going for a branded pc. Creative ones are the lower level ones available in the US and they dont command much respect there. Go for AL blindly.
No creative megaworks are pretty good. They are THX certified,5.1 system, it has a better subwoofer. Creative megaworks is a better buy IMO. Although there is neck to neck competition between the two but go for the megaworks.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
creative megaworks 5.1 subwoofer cannot match the dual 6.5" massive subwoofer of altec 641....altec 641 subwoofer is too good, its build to shake the whole house:p

but i do feel that creative satellites are slightly better then altec 641 and moreover altec 641 is 4.1 setup and creative megaworks is 5.1

u already have AL MX-5021 , which is the best speakers for music so bascially u need to have a setup for ur gaming needs and dvd needs.

all i can say is that altec 641 is best when it comes to gaming, nothing can beat it but for movies and dvds creative megaworks has a slight edge over altec 641...and also that creative megaworks is 5.1 so naturally suited for dvds

so listen to both of them before buying as keith said...

ENjoy...

magnet

Youngling
btw..i was reading feb 2005 digit.......there it was written altec has as high as 11% failure rate....well creative with jus 2% how far is that true????

magnet said:
btw..i was reading feb 2005 digit.......there it was written altec has as high as 11% failure rate....well creative with jus 2% how far is that true????

Can you give me a bit more info on this article. I personally don't read Digit (or any other tech mag). But, how can a magazine with nationwide presence publish such stats? Have they mentioned how they tested this theory? Has it been verified/tested by an independent third party?

I reckon, Altec Lansing should file suit against Digit for misleading prospective customers.

-Keith

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@techie2go
man i guess altec lansing 641 will b a far betta option den dat of creative mage works...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I have Altec Lansing 251(45watts rms),comes in 60watts rms also and i have creative sb live 24bit
and in sound quality why do i feel that my friends creative sbs vanilla speakers with might be having onboard sound are equal or better for music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom