Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I am seeing a spurt in the number of Spammers on this forum. Looks like a more stringent sign up is required.
Any ideas?

yippee

lost in my world
most of them are bots i dont think they are real people
admins can stop it but they wont do it anytime soon....

red_devil

Back!
you know they are doing whatever it takes to revamp the forum....everything is being done in digit offices.........

......that nothing is happening on the forum is a different matter altogether :rolleyes:

yippee

lost in my world
bots are common on forums we just need some scripts to stop them only admins can do that...
i have seen forum that gets no spam at all
these kind of basic things make me think there is lack of interest among the admins...

mrintech

Technomancer
Check these Out:

* *www.google.co.in/search?q=block+bad+bots&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=0&oq=block+bad+b

* *www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&num=100&q=block+bad+bots+by+htaccess&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

* *www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=block+forum+spam&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=0&oq=block+forum+

Maybe these will be useful. Some results are very useful and includes Tutorials Too :)

Last edited:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
TDF has been remarkably free of out-and-out spamming until recently. I've reported two of them. The first one started a spamming thread and was quickly removed. The second one replies to a thread with a short nonsensical sentence followed by a link in Chinese characters, almost certainly a bot. I haven't checked to see if that one has been removed yet.

yippee

lost in my world
Check these Out:

* *www.google.co.in/search?q=block+bad+bots&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=0&oq=block+bad+b

* *www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&num=100&q=block+bad+bots+by+htaccess&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

* *www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=block+forum+spam&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=0&oq=block+forum+

Maybe these will be useful. Some results are very useful and includes Tutorials Too :)
thanks for the link :)
TDF has been remarkably free of out-and-out spamming until recently. I've reported two of them. The first one started a spamming thread and was quickly removed. The second one replies to a thread with a short nonsensical sentence followed by a link in Chinese characters, almost certainly a bot. I haven't checked to see if that one has been removed yet.
i think TDF has become a place for testing for most kids...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom