Source for a replacement CPU fan?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I have an AMD X2 3600+ desktop whose OEM cpu cooling fan has lost a fin due to a service technician putting his finger in it while it was running.
The replacements they have look very cheap and I am not sure they fit. Further they have only the full cooler package (?heatsink or whatever it is called)

Is there anyplace where I may get only the fan - that is if it is possible to replace it individually. Else what is a good CPU cooling solution?

Online or Bangalore.

I am not a gamer. The only use of this desktop is internet browsing, watching YouTube and a few movies.

-SS.

icebags

Technomancer
buy off the cooler/fan from someone / some old part selling shop who has processor not working. or buy the cooler + fan from here for exactly ur motherboard socket type.

Fans & Heatsinks Price List India: Computer Components: Flipkart.com

or u may try putting a zebronics 80mm fan on heat sink and check the temperature under various loads. but its not recommended and should be done under ur own responsibility.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Oh! The very first item that comes out is the exact one I need.
icebags, you are a life saver :)
-SS.

AshutoshM

Blue Age Wonders
As far as my experience goes, the OEM CPU cooler you are having uses a 70/80mm fan. Buy any 80mm fan from a local shop and mount it on the heatsink. it would cost you not more than 50-80 bucks. Maybe, the fan you buy will not be compatible with the cooler, but you can get that running by what we call 'jugaad' in Indian lang. I'm using such kind of jugaad in my media server with no problems at all :doublethumb:. You can use anything like piece of wire or thread or zip ties. Only make sure that the fan is rigidly mounted on the heat sink.

Or you can buy this: Cooler Master AMD AM3 Cooler | Cooler | Flipkart.com
but, on flipkart it is 300 bucks, but if you buy from a local shop, you can get it as cheap as 150 bucks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom