sujeet2555

In the zone
hi
my config is
asus m3a78-em mobo,
phenom x4,
window7-32 bit.
onboard sound is realtek alc1200.

there is low voltage problem in my area.so,my ups doesn't keep up with it and often my pc
get turn off directly without shutting down.
after starting the pc ,i get no sound controller in device manager.i have to reinstall realtek driver again to get it working.sometimes alc1200 gets detected as alc888s and my 5.1 speakers sound weird.
this is very annoying to install it again and again.why does it happening? i have searched it on google but problem is so specific.also i have asked in asus forums but i get no answer.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you need to gt a better UPS so that your PC don't shut down due to low voltage - get a APC 600VA UPS @ 1.9k and format and re-install a fresh copy of the OS ;-)

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
its not always the ups problem.i have this problem also whenever i have to press reset button due to freezing or whatever.
and for the format and fresh install option,i want to say i had this problem also when i had window xp.
my ups is new 850va .no ups can handle with so much low voltage.

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
does anyone here has alc1200 onboard.

even after doing uninstalling ,restart ,installing ,restart for more than 1 hrs. my alc 1200 is being installed as alc888.so no sound
why the answer pointing to a better ups.my main problem is alc is being identified as alc 888 and sound don't work.in most case ,i successfully installing its alc1200 driver but sometimes i have to try and try. and this problem arise after a hard reset.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
hi
my config is
asus m3a78-em mobo,
phenom x4,
window7-32 bit.
onboard sound is realtek alc1200.

there is low voltage problem in my area.so,my ups doesn't keep up with it and often my pc
get turn off directly without shutting down.
after starting the pc ,i get no sound controller in device manager.i have to reinstall realtek driver again to get it working.sometimes alc1200 gets detected as alc888s and my 5.1 speakers sound weird.
this is very annoying to install it again and again.why does it happening? i have searched it on google but problem is so specific.also i have asked in asus forums but i get no answer.

Due to your system crashing and services not shutting down, drivers are getting corrupt so you have to install. Get a more powerful UPS, and put the system in-line where it will not crash.

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
Due to your system crashing and services not shutting down, drivers are getting corrupt so you have to install. Get a more powerful UPS, and put the system in-line where it will not crash.

ups is not the only problem guys,it happens in hard reset also.and whenever i tried to reinstall,it get installed as alc888.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Just to make sure : what audio chip/codec version you are using - latest one downloaded from Asus website or downloaded from Realtek Website - just download and use the latest drivers from Realtek's website.

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
^^ Just to make sure : what audio chip/codec version you are using - latest one downloaded from Asus website or downloaded from Realtek Website - just download and use the latest drivers from Realtek's website.

I am using a recently (in june) downloaded file from vip.asus namely "Vista_Win7_R260" in download section for my motherboard.this problem is long old problem.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I am using a recently (in june) downloaded file from vip.asus namely "Vista_Win7_R260" in download section for my motherboard.this problem is long old problem.

Time to send your mobo for RMA. Hopefully nothing went wrong in your mobo due to low voltage problem.

Top Bottom