Soon: Mobile Broadband Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Youngling
*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/77267_matter.jpg *images.techtree.com/ttimages/site/shim.gif *images.techtree.com/ttimages/site/shim.gifIn a move that could well be the beginning of Internet access through mobile Broadband, Hutchison Whampoa has forged a group of global Internet companies, and handset makers - Nokia and Sony Ericsson, to globally launch Broadband mobile Internet access on the same flat fee model as fixed Broadband Internet.

Titled "X-Series from 3," the service will include free Skype calling, unlimited Web browsing, and instant messaging from mobile handsets.

Source: *www.techtree.com/India/News/Soon_Mobile_Broadband_Internet/551-77267-613.html

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
dinesh_mettur said:
am having sony ericsson k750i is it mobile broadband is possible with my sony ericsson k 750i ?????

Not sure if mobile broadband will be available on ur phone or not coz ur phone is GPRS based which is equilvalent to dialup (theoritically max speed shud be 115kbps) but one wud need 3G or WCDMA based phone to allow mobile broadband.
EDGE works on 2.5G network but anyways the max speed available only depends on the service provider (Hutch,Airtel,etc)

PrinceHeart

In the zone
i talked with BSNL's Assistant MD in my city, and since dataone is being used by many major companies here .. like newspapers and mnc's, he told me that they are talking abt doing some more steps in the dataone business.. maybe they will even provide wireless broadband, since in our city, we get cut off the net for like 24 hrs every couple of weeks, saying .. the pwd hit the underground cables while working on the roadsides... so well. hoping something major is gonna happen to broadband industries for NORMAL END-USERS.

assasin

Banned
But first the Indian Govt needs to release the required sectrum for 3G.Only after dat shall we get Broadband on mobile

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
assasin said:
But first the Indian Govt needs to release the required sectrum for 3G.Only after dat shall we get Broadband on mobile

u know it all depends on the need of the market and the willingness of the service providers.we already have EDGE in the market which uses a 2.5G network which promises speeds close to 3G (3GSM or Widened CDMA).Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution (EDGE) is a radio based high-speed mobile data standard. It allows data transmission speeds of 384 kbps.Untill and unless the service providers dont get any competition from other service providers (for eg:hutch increases the speed of edge then airtel will be forced to raise their standards and that exactly how it works in India) they will still to pathetic speeds (max 65kbps in Calcutta from Hutch that I've received) even with EDGE.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Hah, I have been enjoying all this except skype (which is supposed to be released soon) on my 6681 with Airtel mobile office :D. As I have stated multiple times, Hutch is not a service provider worth using. With Airtel, I get the full speeds of my config, 3d+2u slots. And they even have GPRS coverage in out of the way places like shankarpur :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom