Sony XPERIA Neo V Current Price

rohit3221

Broken In
Sony XPERIA Neo V or XPERIA SOLA

Edit :purchased Xperia Sola for 20k from flipkart

Old post
hi guys,
i am thinking of buying a new mobile...budget around 18k
i found out the xperia neo v while googling...
But on flipkart its current price is shown at 18k with 700rs cashback..so it makes it @ rs17300
link-flipkart

but on ebay it is showing at around 13k
link-ebay

why the price difference....are they different or something??

Also if you can suggest another phone in the same range....

Requirements:
Bigger screen..3.5' or more
min 1ghz processor
512mb ram or more
5mp camera or more with flash
720p recording
good gpu...
Android version doesn't matter..(i know how to flash,o'c, root and stuff)

additional, i currently own a 1.5 yrs old galaxy 3, few scratches on the body...none on the screen...can anyone suggest in how much it could be sold...just an estimate...

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
AFAIK neo v is available for 15K-16K max.. check out HTC one V which is newer phone then this and it comes in same price range..

but under 15K look for xperia live with walkman

OP
R

rohit3221

Broken In
AFAIK neo v is available for 15K-16K max.. check out HTC one V which is newer phone then this and it comes in same price range..

but under 15K look for xperia live with walkman

I considered one v but its around 18k and doesn't have a front camera...rest of the h/w seems same to me as neo v....
and forgot to mention in my post..i want a bigger screen too..:) so no to live as well...

clmlbx

Technomancer
under 15k 3.5+ screen.. I don't think so it is available.. check live with walkman it has all specs you want.. Gpu is not best but good to play most games.. and screen size is 3.2

OP
R

rohit3221

Broken In
under 15k 3.5+ screen.. I don't think so it is available.. check live with walkman it has all specs you want.. Gpu is not best but good to play most games.. and screen size is 3.2

i currently hav a 3.2' screen phone...i'd probably for a bigger screen than my current one

clmlbx

Technomancer
then increase the budget..

near to what you need is "Motorola DEFY XT" but would not recommend because of motorola service in India.. and also it does not have good GPU...

wait for more members to reply and you check this thread for reference.. check 10-15K section/post

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/150741-mobile-reference-guide-july-2012-a.html

OP
R

rohit3221

Broken In
then increase the budget..

near to what you need is "Motorola DEFY XT" but would not recommend because of motorola service in India.. and also it does not have good GPU...

wait for more members to reply and you check this thread for reference.. check 10-15K section/post

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/150741-mobile-reference-guide-july-2012-a.html

thnx for the link...i can raise my budget till 18k...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I considered one v but its around 18k and doesn't have a front camera...rest of the h/w seems same to me as neo v....
and forgot to mention in my post..i want a bigger screen too..:) so no to live as well...

Display is totally different in both

if u want front camera then go for Neo V :cool:

OP
R

rohit3221

Broken In
Display is totally different in both

if u want front camera then go for Neo V :cool:

Thanks for your suggestion. :)
Guys please help me, I went to a local retailer shop, and he told me the current price of neo v is 18k(the same as on flipkart)
But why is someone selling it for 13k on ebay??? I can't see ANY difference on the flipkart model, local retailer model, and the ebay model...why so much price difference ?
I have provided the link for ebay in the first post..please check it out...maybe I am missing something...

EDIT: Okay I figured it out...I contacted the ebay seller of this mobile, he told me that this is an imported model, and the 1 year warranty will be provided by them and not sony....This is why there is so much price difference...

What do you guys suggest ? Is it safe to buy the imported model? The seller is saying there is nothing different in the imported one...
Well I am going to unlock the bootloader and root the phone, flash custom roms, etc...so warranty doesn't bother me...anything else I should keep in mind?

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
Ebay one has Dealer Warranty and not Manufacturer Warranty.. so If any thing happens in a year you need to take it to dealer .. you can't go to sony service center..

Flipkart has manufacturer warranty.. and it cost 17300

OP
R

rohit3221

Broken In
Ebay one has Dealer Warranty and not Manufacturer Warranty.. so If any thing happens in a year you need to take it to dealer .. you can't go to sony service center..

Flipkart has manufacturer warranty.. and it cost 17300

Well I am going to unlock the bootloader and root the phone, flash custom roms, etc...so warranty doesn't bother me...anything else I should keep in mind? I mean there won't be anything funny on the phone like different language etc?

clmlbx

Technomancer
I believe it will have at least english on it but possible, no other Indian languages..

even if you root you can easily un-root it in minutes.. if phone is dead so it is difficult to catch which os it has..mostly they(service center guys) are gonna re-flash it.. so you can take advantage of warranty..

nimbus777

Right off the assembly line
Hi ,
I think Xperia Neo v is good choice . I took one. It is superb. I got it @ 17000 from flipkart and i got a free 16 Gb sd card . Mobile is good But android ICS update makes it little slower, battery back up is pretty good ...

Top Bottom