Sony Xperia 2014 discussion Thread

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Lol that's not the problem for Sony. They can make 10 times more loss and keep going on for another 20 years or so.
The problem is they are killing their own brand image by producing ordinary phones at extraordinary price.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Lol that's not the problem for Sony. They can make 10 times more loss and keep going on for another 20 years or so.
The problem is they are killing their own brand image by producing ordinary phones at extraordinary price.

20 years ? lol..

analysts are predicting 2 years

Sony has 78% Chance to Go Bankrupt in Two Years, says Macroaxis | TechnoBuffalo

sony is in a very bad shape bro

their PC business tanked and they sold it off
Their TV business is a loss making machine
its only their Playstation business that is doing great
their mobile business is very small..
their studio business is showing good signs..

as a sony fan i hope they recover soon

ithehappy

Human Spambot
20 years ? lol..

analysts are predicting 2 years

Sony has 78% Chance to Go Bankrupt in Two Years, says Macroaxis | TechnoBuffalo

sony is in a very bad shape bro

their PC business tanked and they sold it off
Their TV business is a loss making machine
its only their Playstation business that is doing great
their mobile business is very small..
their studio business is showing good signs..

as a sony fan i hope they recover soon
Those numbers could just be off. I won't take that article seriously at all. Anyway, it's clear that Sony isn't doing great, so that's a worry for me.
Their TV business is making a loss? How on earth is that even possible? They still make the best televisions! Or now that bloody Xiaomi is making televisions too?

Sony is making decent mobile phones. Their televisions are of premium quality. They make fantastic cameras, and basically their NEX is the best m43, they make some fantastic IEM and other audio equipments! I'm not seeing how they are making the loss actually!

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Those numbers could just be off. I won't take that article seriously at all. Anyway, it's clear that Sony isn't doing great, so that's a worry for me.
Their TV business is making a loss? How on earth is that even possible? They still make the best televisions! Or now that bloody Xiaomi is making televisions too?

Sony is making decent mobile phones. Their televisions are of premium quality. They make fantastic cameras, and basically their NEX is the best m43, they make some fantastic IEM and other audio equipments! I'm not seeing how they are making the loss actually!

its only their tv business that is taking the whole company down..

Xiaomi TV is there as well but it isn't impacting the sales ..

Panasonic and Samsung have eaten their whole business.. though they do make premium best in class LEd but panasonic and samsung are way cheaper than sony giving same image quality for 20 % less price , Samsung used to be cheaper before as well when Bravia was the king but since then Brand image of Samsung has sky rocketed after Galaxy S2 , hence Samsung is considered greater or on par now with sony nowadays and the advertisement they do is huge .. and it is cheaper so people are ditching sony in favour of Samsung and panasonic.. TV business has been churning losses from past 2 years.. that is why sony had to do restructuring, job cuts.. plus they lost quite good money on some flop movies that tanked at hollywood in 2013..

in camera business point and shoot business is depleting because of smartphones , in DSLR they already have heavy competition ..

plus in PS3 their blueray business is in deeep RED , as people are using online means nowadays.. sony lost quite good amount on money on PS3 and by betting on blueray
Sony's in a 'bag of hurt' because of Blu-ray | The Verge

that article wasn't wrong it was a january edition.. had sony been not so successful with PS4 sales it would have been almost all over then.. and i suspect this is the only reason they priced their mid range phones so high this year .. to make maximum profit out of whatever they can sell... but it backfired instead , HTC adopted this strategy in 2013 and it failed badly now you can see HTC pricing their phones quite reasonably..

Pc accessories doesn't have that much profits..

in mobile it is only Xperia Z2, z1c , that have sold well .. the last good phone that sold well was Xperia M and xperia SP in Mid range.. then they are screwing up mid range phones by not giving them updates or giving them buggy updates .. their specs are even lower than samsung counterparts

TV business is the whole culprit , investors were demanding to sell off tv business so that sony can sustain other business and don't go bankrupt

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I find it extremely hard to believe that Sony is having loss from their TV business. I couldn't care less about Indian customers, anything which has a low price is good here, but look elsewhere, in Europe, in Japan itself!

Samsung or Panasonic, they are good, but no, for sub 100k range it's mostly Sony, PQ / SQ, both are better in Bravia line-up. I only believe HDTVtest.co.uk when it's about televisions.

Finding it extremely hard to believe that Sony will ditch their television business!

Last edited:

sticko.com

Right off the assembly line
my own opinion ooo, don't buy any xperia z series for now, I bought xperia z last month. had to sell it for 60k cause d camera's just to poor compare to my formal xperia SL, and it snaps 12mp in superior mode. while d almighty 20mp xperia z1 only snaps 8mp in superior mode. So if u care about picture quality go for other brands, Sony is not performing up to expectation presently. And night vision is even more poor. I miss my xperia sl

$hadow

Geek in making
my own opinion ooo, don't buy any xperia z series for now, I bought xperia z last month. had to sell it for 60k cause d camera's just to poor compare to my formal xperia SL, and it snaps 12mp in superior mode. while d almighty 20mp xperia z1 only snaps 8mp in superior mode. So if u care about picture quality go for other brands, Sony is not performing up to expectation presently. And night vision is even more poor. I miss my xperia sl

60K :shock:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I find it extremely hard to believe that Sony is having loss from their TV business. I couldn't care less about Indian customers, anything which has a low price is good here, but look elsewhere, in Europe, in Japan itself!

Samsung or Panasonic, they are good, but no, for sub 100k range it's mostly Sony, PQ / SQ, both are better in Bravia line-up. I only believe HDTVtest.co.uk when it's about televisions.

Finding it extremely hard to believe that Sony will ditch their television business!

Apparently sony are doing bad in TV business and suffering losses.

Sony’s share of global TV revenue fell to 7.5 percent in the third quarter last year from 8.1 percent the previous quarter, according to NPD DisplaySearch. Sony ranked third, trailing Samsung and LG.

“There’s no prospect of its TV business being profitable,” said Makoto Kikuchi, the Tokyo-based chief executive officer for Myojo Asset Management Co. “Sony’s strengths are content such as games and movies. It cannot increase profit without moving its focus from TV production to content.”

Sony to sell PC business, split TV unit after 10 years of losses - LA Times

sticko.com

Right off the assembly line
I don't buy a phone immediately it's released to the market,I always wait for users review,most times they always have manufacturing defect which mostly affects the first batch of the units. Xperia Z is a good phone but it's getting old and some of the users review you've seen are when it was released,which has been corrected with updates.

I will advise anybody going for the Xperia Z to add more money and buy the Z1,it has more features and more upgrades compare to Z

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Sony slowly quitting from Low and mid range phones.. will focus on high end only

Sony Mobile to focus on high-end smartphones, will decrease ODM orders, say Taiwan makers

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Xperia Z3 - Rs 51,999

Xperia Z3 compact -Rs 44,990

Well done Sony ,you have surpassed HTC in overpricing !!!!! :lol: :lol:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Sony slowly quitting from Low and mid range phones.. will focus on high end only

Sony Mobile to focus on high-end smartphones, will decrease ODM orders, say Taiwan makers

Good to know they will now surely bankrupt in no time. go home Sony have some sleep and sweet dreams.

ashs1

Padawan
It seems like just yesterday when Sony launched Z2.. The exclusivity period that a buyer gets after purchasing a Sony flagship phone is too Damn low. ( 6 months until a new flagship .. Dafaq??)

Top Bottom