Sony vio touchpad sensitivity problem

dixit8611

Journeyman
Hello all,
Yesterday i purchased sony vio SVE15113E and found its touchpad behaving strange, sometimes it registers a click even if i haven't clicked especially while using the browser. Plus its sensitivity is also very poor, at times i have to tap it like hell to register a click. I have tried using mouse options in control panel but the driver interface is very basic and do not have any advance setting like sensitivity adjustment. I even tried installing Alps driver but again no use. Is it a software problem or should i go to service center, i have tried my friend's vio,hp even 6 years old acer lap has better touch recognition. Please help. *img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/frown.gif

Gauravs90

geek........
Sony viao E series are the most inferior laptops I have ever seen. Do you see this touchpad problem only while charging or always?

OP
D

dixit8611

Journeyman
Sony viao E series are the most inferior laptops I have ever seen.
Wtf ??????? I think its right time for you to have a visit to hp, acer and dell showroom and have a look at the laptops priced at same range. Only Lenovo is offering build and screen quality matched to vaio. I should have bought that.:-x
Do you see this touchpad problem only while charging or always?

Always, and touchpad is slightly moving, i mean it is not perfectly fitted. Is it normal or should i call service guys ?

randomuser111

Technomancer
Sounds like a hardware issue. Go to the service center. The new E series models have quite good touchpads with good sensitivity so I'm sure you got a lemon perhaps. I would say the touchpad on the new E is even "over sensitive"

Top Bottom