Sony Tipo Dual hangs randomly

Hi i have been using my mobile for around 3 months now, i have started facing the problem of frequent hanging of my phone, which automatically restarts the mobile. This happens randomly. I never use my phone for browsing or playing games, but this happens. I would like to know why this happens and is there any solution to it. My phone has build 11.0.A.1.8 android kernel

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
It doesn't seem to be stock ROM, Sony's interface is there so i suppose its a factory custom ROM

he meant if you are on stock Sony rom. anyway my friend have Tipo (single sim) and complained about these random hangs and reboots. AFAIK, sony didn't release any new update for Tipo so either hard reset the mobile and pray the problem doesn't arise again or flash a custom rom.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
he meant if you are on stock Sony rom. anyway my friend have Tipo (single sim) and complained about these random hangs and reboots. AFAIK, sony didn't release any new update for Tipo so either hard reset the mobile and pray the problem doesn't arise again or flash a custom rom.

I do not want to flash a custom rom. I heard sony will be announcing Jelly Bean update for Tipo Dual too. Praying that it will solve these problems. Can i know did your friend got any temporary solution for the same problem

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I do not want to flash a custom rom. I heard sony will be announcing Jelly Bean update for Tipo Dual too. Praying that it will solve these problems. Can i know did your friend got any temporary solution for the same problem

you can just pray that JB update fix the rebooting issue. last i talked to him, his mobile was same. and i felt a noticeable lag when swiping through the app menu.

randomuser111

Technomancer
No JB update for Tipo. Don't know where you read otherwise.

As for the lag, try a repair via Sony Update Service.

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Interesting. But I still doubt it. AFAIK Tipo won't get JB. Also Tipo is going to be discontinued soon.

All phones get discontinued after sometime. Sony is probably the only OEM that updates their low end phones too. They updates their entire 2011 lineup(except Xperia play I think). How many did others do?

shreymittal

Being Human
Y u no flash flash your tipo with CM10
[Custom Rom] Update Xperia TIPO to CM10(Jelly Bean)Stable - Root,Rom,Recovery-All in one place | Root,Rom,Recovery-All in one place
{MIRO/TIPO/J/E}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10 - FreeXperia Project - xda-developers

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
your contacts are already backup at Google servers. so just take backup of sms but you'll lose all apps and their progress.

Thanks for the info. I used the software update application and for the past 2 days there has been no problem of frequent hangs, hope the problem never arises

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Y u no flash flash your tipo with CM10
[Custom Rom] Update Xperia TIPO to CM10(Jelly Bean)Stable - Root,Rom,Recovery-All in one place | Root,Rom,Recovery-All in one place
{MIRO/TIPO/J/E}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10 - FreeXperia Project - xda-developers

Because he will lose his warranty.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
great. i'll pass this info to my friend. was the whole firmware downloaded again?

No it didn't download the whole firmware. It took only 10 minutes or so. It downloaded some files which are of smaller size. Not sure what it did though. Oh and FYI i have a 512 Kbps unlimited BSNL connection, so i am pretty sure the whole firmware was not at all downloaded within this time.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
told my friend about this repair thing. also he has received notification for an update. i believe it'll fix the problem.

Top Bottom