Sony Playstation 5 Discussion Thread

bubusam13

Human
LOL, I was saving every dime I could make :pig: to get this, but it was always out of stock.

And now that I got a GPU:flamewar:, this came in stock.

*www.flipkart.com/sony-playstation-...ppn=browse&ssid=ooixdgbykstrvvgg1678123409233

TheSloth

The Slowest One

TheSloth

The Slowest One
PS5 in stock on Amazon at 54990 right now
-----
Edit after 30 mins
Still in stock. Its disc verison
-----
Edit after 3 hrs. PS5 still in stock. Has the demand reduced this much?

Last edited:

bubusam13

Human
yes, it seems demand is less. Many people were WFH back then, but now people got busy. Also the current layoff scenerio and fear of recession is stopping people from making unnecessary investments. Many like me got graphics cards as well. And many PC users can try most games for free.
Also, I will prefer the upcoming PS5 pro.

-----
Edit after 30 mins
-----
Lower demand + better supply, both I guess. Even few months back PS5 used to get OOS in few mins.

XB Series S seemed like it would fail on paper because of specs & price, but due to lack of availability of non disc PS5, it became a hit when demands were high. Also, I know someone who had a Series X, recently sold it off because his WFH ended.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
-----
Edit after 30 mins
-----
Yes, Sony increased production volume. Good thing is that now Scalpers will have huge inventory with them (which obviously they have to sell in current price)

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Yes totally agree with recession and work from office scene has changed the potential buyers mind now.

Oh yes, let those scalpers burn in hell. But people buy from scalpers who are selling retail price? Won't there be any warranty related issue?

Zangetsu

Yes totally agree with recession and work from office scene has changed the potential buyers mind now.

Oh yes, let those scalpers burn in hell. But people buy from scalpers who are selling retail price? Won't there be any warranty related issue?
warranty may not be an issue since you register the product with your PSN account for first time.

but the bad thing I feel is PS5 games are not exclusive anymore. Sony is releasing all AAA games on PC.

PS5 users : Sad
PC users: Happy

Good thing about PS5:
Optimize 4K playback @120fps and no worries about GPU upgrade
PS5 haptick feedback controller experience.

Another good reason of PS5 availability is the leaked release of PS5 Pro around the corner. ;)

Last edited:

bubusam13

Human
Just a query, how many actually own a 120Hz 4K TV ?
Also PS5 games cost a lot. Avg 6k for a game, one needs to be a die-hard gamer.

Zangetsu

Just a query, how many actually own a 120Hz 4K TV ?
Also PS5 games cost a lot. Avg 6k for a game, one needs to be a die-hard gamer.
Buy a yearly subscription would be cheaper than buying each game separate.
I don't own a 120Hz 4K TV. But will buy one in future :)

But one difference I noticed while watching a demo 120Hz TV is that the motion is super fast. Even the 23~24fps Movies run at 60fps in a 120Hz TV

Nerevarine

Incarnate

But one difference I noticed while watching a demo 120Hz TV is that the motion is super fast. Even the 23~24fps Movies run at 60fps in a 120Hz TV
Check if it's actual 120hz or interpolated 120hz. Some manufacturers mislead people.

That is MEMC at play to interpolate 24fps videos to 60fps. I don't like the soap opera effect it creates, checked it on some budget TVs as well as a Panasonic one. Maybe higher end TVs like LG or Samsung or Sony 120Hz models have better MEMC, but didn't spend extended time with it.

On the Panasonic TV at my parent's place, MEMC at low makes it feel bit smoother than MEMC off but without the soap opera effect. Maybe at low it is interpolating 24fps to 30fps & as 30fps is half of 60Hz refresh rate, it looks better than native 24fps.

On a separate note, Hisense U7H is a good budget 120Hz TV at under 45k now. This makes 120Hz 4K TV affordable. Although LG OLED, Samsung QN90B, Sony X90K, etc will be on a different level quality wise.

bubusam13

Human
There is a good discount on the PS5 right now. Is now a good time to buy it, or should I wait until the PS5 Slim releases instead?
Or can we anticipate a bigger discount during the BigBillion sale ? :)

There is a good discount on the PS5 right now. Is now a good time to buy it, or should I wait until the PS5 Slim releases instead?
Or can we anticipate a bigger discount during the BigBillion sale ? :)
If you want PS5, buy PS5, as simple as that. Diwali sales are 5 months or so away. You will get good card discounts now. I think there's enough PS5 demand to not warrant price cuts any time soon.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Currently there is no demand for ps5 and people are preferring pc over it also gpu's

Sent from my M2006C3LI using Tapatalk

Top Bottom