Sony NEX-5 in Kolkata or online? In a hurry.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
This is the camera I'd like to buy. Been calling all the shops I know, but not a single one holds it, not even a Sony Centre I called.
NEX-5K : NEX-5 : NEX Camera (E-mount) : Sony India

So kindly tell me where I can get this model, if possible here in Calcutta, if not, online. I have just one week to stay here and I'll need to make the purchase within that timeframe.

Thanks in advance.

Saurav.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Id suggest stay away from the nex series and get olympus pen e-pl1 / e-pm1

you can visit burma market in Calcutta

sujoyp

Grand Master
I too couldnt find Nex 5 on any good online shops...you better get m4/3 like EPM1+twin lens or Nikon J1

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Great. Just when I like something it's NA.
Anyway, before finding NEX-5 I did see PM1, I know it's a VFM product, but let's see. I have no idea about that MOS sensor. I was mind blown after seeing NEX-5 images, now ...... damn..
Lol, maybe PM1 isn't available here as well!

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Great. Just when I like something it's NA.
Anyway, before finding NEX-5 I did see PM1, I know it's a VFM product, but let's see. I have no idea about that MOS sensor. I was mind blown after seeing NEX-5 images, now ...... damn..
Lol, maybe PM1 isn't available here as well!

try burma bazaar (youll get the imported grey market version) , else visit raxaul (bihar)...

see mm photographic :

Address: 5, Motisil Street, Dharmatala, Kolkata, West Bengal 700013, India
Phone:+91 33 2228 0456
Transit: Park Street

and visit esplanade road.

or if you are visiting delhi, it can be arranged, but you have to inform in advance

@ pritam and sons, chandni chowk, esplanade court. delhi

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I think it's discontinued a long back... You can check the next model from NEX series but they are expensive and I am not sure about their availability. It's launched a while back but there ain't many sellers out here on online selling NEX 5/6/7...

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
try burma bazaar (youll get the imported grey market version) , else visit raxaul (bihar)...

see mm photographic :

Address: 5, Motisil Street, Dharmatala, Kolkata, West Bengal 700013, India
Phone:+91 33 2228 0456
Transit: Park Street

and visit esplanade road.

or if you are visiting delhi, it can be arranged, but you have to inform in advance

@ pritam and sons, chandni chowk, esplanade court. delhi
Lol, thanks. I won't visit Bihar to buy a camera, and I can't from Delhi. I don't have time. Just 8 more days I will be staying here, and I need to make that short time count.
And I know about M.M and more or less all the shops in Esplanade/Chowringhee area. Thanks though.
I think it's discontinued a long back... You can check the next model from NEX series but they are expensive and I am not sure about their availability. It's launched a while back but there ain't many sellers out here on online selling NEX 5/6/7...
Yeah, that's the problem. NEX-R is available if I preorder it, but I will not buy it at 39k, nor the NEX-6 at 49k.

Lets see, wish I could digest a SLR, then there wouldn't be much confusion.
So far I am jumping between XZ-1 and PM-1. Let's see...

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Lol, thanks. I won't visit Bihar to buy a camera, and I can't from Delhi. I don't have time. Just 8 more days I will be staying here, and I need to make that short time count.
And I know about M.M and more or less all the shops in Esplanade/Chowringhee area. Thanks though.

Yeah, that's the problem. NEX-R is available if I preorder it, but I will not buy it at 39k, nor the NEX-6 at 49k.

Lets see, wish I could digest a SLR, then there wouldn't be much confusion.
So far I am jumping between XZ-1 and PM-1. Let's see...

actually raxaul is on the border of nepal, its like a small new mexico...you get all kinds of electronics goods there from mp3 players to c4 detonators.. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
@itthehappy Nex5K is discontinued...nex 5N not released here....others are costly..hmmm

what do i suggest u now :( canon 1100D,nikon D3100,panasonic gf3 , olympus ep1 and nikon j1 are the other good choices

else u have those xz1,fz200 etc

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@itthehappy Nex5K is discontinued...nex 5N not released here....others are costly..hmmm

what do i suggest u now :( canon 1100D,nikon D3100,panasonic gf3 , olympus ep1 and nikon j1 are the other good choices

else u have those xz1,fz200 etc
Yeah, lol. I have never searched for anything this much as I am doing with these damn cameras!
Well 1100D, D3100 are outta question atm, I am not taking that much weight to UK. Besides, I don't like to carry a big thing anyway. I know I have compromised quality, but size & weigh is getting a big factor now.
GF3 or E-PM1, well they are neck to neck, nothing to choose between in them, anyone could be opt!
FZ2000 is a great camera, much better than other SZ cameras, but 1/2.3" is a no go for me.
XZ-1, I just love it. 1/1.6", fast AF, great optics, pocketable, but then again I don't think it can match PM1/GF3's IQ.

Leave everything, I am gonna go to a shop tomorrow, hold both PM1/GF3 and XZ1, will buy the one I like, will depend on my impulse.

PS: I am sold with the image quality of PM1. Amazing! Now as I am liking it I am sure it won't be available here!

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
hope emp1 is available in the market...coz emp2 is already realeased quit a few months before ;)

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Good news. Called MM and it's available, at Rs.21500. Fotocenter lists it at Rs.20900 however. Small differences anyway.

sujoyp

Grand Master
thats a good deal :D

D5000 is anyways better than D3100 ....u can get it....and start shooting :D

BTW ur inbox is full and i cant reply to ur msg :)

Top Bottom