[Complaint] SONY KDL-EX520 46" Display problem.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Company name: SONY

Product (be exact): KDL-EX520 46"
Name of the distributor/service provider/dealer and location: Khosla Electronics, Kolkata

Date of purchase: April 2012

Description of problems faced and the incident: As you know, when the TV is just switched on in Video/HDMI mode a completely black screen is displayed, showing the signal source on the top. In my case there are 4 distinct patches on the screen which are visible as grayish. The patches are located at the 4 corners of the screen and in total cover around 40% of the screen. Now, when we switch on the set top box/PS3/USB stick to play any channel/movie, the patches, being very light, are not visible. They are are visible in only dark scenes, like say, in night scenes in The Dark Knight, which is pretty much the majority of the time....

I lodged a complaint with the official Sony Customer Care @1800103779 on Friday, asking them to send the technicians after 6PM, so that the problem may be seen. So far, the concerned service centre has called us twice, during the day, and asked us if they could come before 6PM due to their time management issues. They are yet to visit my premises. I was also told by the call centre that my call would be looked into in 2 days, but leaving out the day of lodging of compliant, and Sunday, its been 3 days.

I called them today and reported the matter, upon which they told me that it was a "miscommunication," and that 2 days actually meant 48 working hours, and each day consisted of 10 working hours, so the 48hours would amount to roughly 5 days. They told me to wait for tomorrow.

By the way, What is RMA and how do i avail it for my case?

Edit: i just noticed on the sony site that they have archived the particular model: *www.sony.co.in/product/kdl-46ex520/overview

anything fishy?

Edit 2: sent off an email...

Complaint no: 011757290

I have explicitly mentioned in my complaint that the technician must visit after 6PM. However, personnel from Teknoplaza, Salt Lake City, called up twice asking to come in the afternoon.

I was also told from customer service at 18001037799, that a technician would be visiting me within 2 working days. i lodged the complaint on 26th October. Excluding sunday, it has been 4days and no technician has attended the matter.

Please clarify this highly harassing behavior from a world renowned company such as yours.

NB: I would also like to know why the KDL-EX520 series is being shown as Archived on your site.

Last edited:
Top Bottom