Sony Ericsson K770 Cyber-shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
A new addition to the Cyber-shot family is already a fact - the new Sony Ericsson K770 was announced today. As you may have probably heard, today Sony Ericsson were expected to officially reveal several new handsets. We all waited impatiently, but so far only the Sony Ericsson K770 is out the door. Stick with us as we prepare ourselves for the next in line.
The tri-band GSM/GPRS Sony Ericsson K770, which is also 3G-enabled, has all the typical traits of the family - an autofocus 3.2 megapixel camera with an active integrated lens cover. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with our favorite xenon flash, but with a LED one only. Though, as the model ID suggests, the K770 won't be a high-end representative of the Cyber-shot gang.
*img.gsmarena.com/w/newsimg/07/08/se-k770/thumb/gsmarena_001.jpg *img.gsmarena.com/w/newsimg/07/08/se-k770/thumb/gsmarena_002.jpg *img.gsmarena.com/w/newsimg/07/08/se-k770/thumb/gsmarena_003.jpg *img.gsmarena.com/w/newsimg/07/08/se-k770/thumb/gsmarena_004.jpg
Sony Ericsson K770 Cyber-shot
Only 14.5 mm thick, the Sony Ericsson K770 sports a 1.9" 262K color TFT display with a QVGA (240 x 320) resolution. Its connectivity capabilities include Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP support and USB. The music fans were also remembered - the K770 has an onboard FM radio with RDS and TrackID music service. The integrated memory is highly insufficient at only 16MB, but is expandable through the Memory Stick Micro (M2) card slot. A 256MB card comes along in the retail package.
The truffle-brown-colored Sony Ericsson K770 will be available in selected markets from autumn 2007. However there is still no word on its expected pricing.

Looks great.:cool:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
This could easily be the replacement for K750i out there as K850i is a different breed all together.

K

krazyfrog

Nothing new. Its basically a T650 with a Cybershot logo and brown body.

K

krazyfrog

gx_saurav said:
Does T650i records video at QVGA?
OK its a T650i with Cybershot logo, brown body and QVGA video recording:D. But seriously look at the pics of both the phones especially their rear sides. The camera lens, flash and loudspeaker are at the exact same place. Only difference is that K770i has a lens cover added. Same goes for the light sensor and video camera on the front side. I'm pretty sure all the hardware is common between the two. That maybe the reason why there is on xenon flash. And i don't think they've added QVGA video in K770i but rather removed it in T650i so that K770's photographic abilities look better. Actually they're as similar as K750i and W700i under the hood.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
shashank4u said:
it has a 3.2 mp camera so expect the price to be more than 15000Rs/-
but nothing beats N73 ME
SE mobile has always edge over nokia mobiles..when it comes camera.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
K850 can rival N95, in cam quality

so comparing N73 ME with K770i cam is like comparing 1100 and 6600 :D

Last edited:

Minimalistix

I'm back!
ravi_9793 said:
N95 has 5 Mega pixel camera..and what about K850??
5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus, video(QVGA@30fps), xenon flash and 3LED video light; auto lens cover, secondary videocall camera

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
k850 has beaten N95 in terms of camera you can see it on *www.mobile-review.com/index-en.shtml

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Any idea when is the release date? How long did the K790i take to come after it was released elsewhere? I almost have decided on the K550i for its under 15mm thickness but if this is a 14mm thickness for 3.2mpx then there is no point going for the K550i now. I can wait. My bulky 6270 is still doing wonders.

K

krazyfrog

^^ This phone won't be anywhere near the price of K550i. It'll atleast cost 19k when launched. Make sure you keep adding the coins to that piggybank till you wait for it;-). Btw i think it'll be here by around next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom